2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

What is the bulb # / type for the side mirror puddle lights ?

18K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ndccpf1 
#1 ·
Trying to LED up my 2013 Escape Titanium (since almost the whole interior is LED). The lens cover is flush with the mirror so not easily seeing how to get it out ?

#2 · (Edited)
The puddle light for the 2013 Escape is not a sealed unit like other Fords. It uses a W5W style replaceable wedge lamp (like a 168 / 194). The rubberized bulb socket "pops out" of the lamp housing by tilting the mirror all the way "up" leaving the large gap at the bottom of the mirror. Once you pop out the rubberized socket w/ lamp you will see a small Torx screw tab that secures the lamp housing to the inside of the mirror assembly. You then can reach inside the same gap and press in the black downward tab to all the now empty lamp housing to drop out.

If you do not do it this way you will see that the outside underside of the mirror where the lamp housing inserts is "flush" unlike the other models having the tabbed cut out to pry out.

In short you only need to use a 360 degree style W5W LED bulb as the replacement.

#5 ·
In short you only need to use a 360 degree style W5W LED bulb as the replacement.
Does this also apply for the 2017 Escape? Just bought a 2017 Escape Titanium on Tuesday and that's on my to-do list for this weekend.

#4 ·
Thank you, I plan on doing this with some really nice 5w5 lights to throw some good light down. :thumpsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.