View Single Post
post #7 of Old 02-01-2015, 11:37 PM
Hitokiri
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohlman View Post
Is that the Escape is too heavy for it.
I agree. I'm not making fun of looking down on Escape owners with the 1.6 Ecoboost but a 1.6 four banger powering a a 3500 lbs car like the Escape does sound a bit much. That same 1.6 engine in something like the Fiesta makes sense but it's a bit small for the Escape. As you said @jpohlman , in order for the 1.6 liter to gave the same power as a 2.0 or even the 2.5 liter engine means that it has to work harder since it is a smaller engine.

It seems Ford wants to keep the 1.6 liter engine for a little while more since the new 2017 Ford Fiesta RS is supposedly also powered by the same motor.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see and what happens though. Never know. I'm not a engine maker .

2013 Deep Impact Blue Ford Escape SE: 2.0 Liter Ecoboost AWD| Exterior: Replica Ford Kuga Rear Wing, Ford Mud Flaps, 18" Factory Ford Focus ST Rims| Interior: Custom Engine Cover by Carsonfire45, Weathertech Floor Liner| Engine: Steeda "Cold Air" Intake, CX Racing Front Mount Intercooler, Denso Iridium ITV22 "One Step Colder" Sparkplugs, Turbosmart Kompact Plumb Blowoff Valve, SCTX3 tune by Torrie From Unleashed Tuning| Future Plans: Magnaflow Exhaust System| Power Goals: 280 HP/340 Torque