2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
#11 Old 04-27-2013, 07:41 AM

We can only hope that this is not as bad as it seems. Sometimes the actual job is not a difficult as the instructions make it out to be. Who wants to go first and find out??

On the Honda Pilot I traded in, for the first filter change the instructions required the cutting and removal of a metal support bracket!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 05-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticmxman View Post
We can only hope that this is not as bad as it seems. Sometimes the actual job is not a difficult as the instructions make it out to be. Who wants to go first and find out??

On the Honda Pilot I traded in, for the first filter change the instructions required the cutting and removal of a metal support bracket!!!
Great you get in your truck... oh don't mind the hanging dash,, it suppose to be like that
#13 Old 05-14-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotattitude View Post
Great you get in your truck... oh don't mind the hanging dash,, it suppose to be like that
HAHA!

Wow what ****. That's not the greatest knowing that when it's time to change it will be a nice fvcked up Saturday morning.
#14 Old 05-14-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticmxman View Post

WTH so honda expect people to do this every time they need to change the filter? I have a hard time believing it. It would be more believable if they just wanted you to unbolt it.

Which metal support bracket are you talking about? the one right behind the bumper to take the impact?
#15 Old 05-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Hey Guys, I found this on another forum. Someone posted some pics on changing the air filter.. its #30 on the thread.

Cabin Filter - Page 2 - Escape & Kuga Forum - Blue Oval Forums

#16 Old 05-25-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerkebi View Post
The manual is very misleading. The cabin air filter WAS located under the cowl panel under the hood on the previous generation Escapes. After removing the wiper arms and cowl the filter was no where to be found. The dealer told me its behind the glove box on the inside of the passenger cabin.

He didn't have any filters yet but when I get one I'll change it and take some pics.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I just bought a Certified Pre-owned 2013 Escape 3 days ago. I attempted today to remove the cowl because its pretty dirty and the screens that let the air in are dirty and caked with pollen. I got all of the clips off and the nut that holds down the wiper arm, but I could not get the wiper arm off. Could you please tell me how you got your wiper arms off?

Thanks
#17 Old 05-25-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
I just bought a Certified Pre-owned 2013 Escape 3 days ago. I attempted today to remove the cowl because its pretty dirty and the screens that let the air in are dirty and caked with pollen. I got all of the clips off and the nut that holds down the wiper arm, but I could not get the wiper arm off. Could you please tell me how you got your wiper arms off?

Thanks
Yeah they are on pretty tight. You have to pop them off with a small gear puller. Got mine at advance for a few bucks.

Here's another tip. The wipers flop all over the place when the ignition is off. You'll never get them back on in the correct position unless you turn the car on first. I tried to get them lined up right about 10 times before I figured this out!

#18 Old 05-28-2013, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Yeah they are on pretty tight. You have to pop them off with a small gear puller. Got mine at advance for a few bucks.

Here's another tip. The wipers flop all over the place when the ignition is off. You'll never get them back on in the correct position unless you turn the car on first. I tried to get them lined up right about 10 times before I figured this out!

yeah I washed my car noticed that you can move them around, afterwards, I turned on the car, and it fixed itself, that was wild.
#19 Old 05-29-2013, 11:04 AM

Definitely a true paint in the arse!

I've seen some pretty nasty cabin filters in my time. You want to change those suckers every few years.
#20 Old 06-02-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the help. I have a small gear puller so I will try this out this week as well as the filter.

Thanks!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page