10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 95 Old 05-08-2013, 09:57 AM

Nice POST! Mine is TITANIUM model and I would like to add LED lights and put it inside within the radiator area. Is it possible to tap the new LED lights to the existing LED DRL lights of the Titanium? Any one who could help me out? Thanks!

Visit us:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 95 Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
You should be able to put a tap on the same line, they don't draw too much power. But if you don't want to tap that, you can use a load indicator to find a fuse that has power running to it only when the vehicle is on and tap that fuse.
post #13 of 95 Old 05-08-2013, 02:30 PM

Unhappy

I see. But I don't know which line is for the LED DRLS of the Titanium. I saw a bunch of color coded wires attached to Headlamps but I have no idea which one is for the DRLS. Would you tell me if you know which wire is the right one?

Visit us:
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 95 Old 05-08-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhivelivetv View Post
I see. But I don't know which line is for the LED DRLS of the Titanium. I saw a bunch of color coded wires attached to Headlamps but I have no idea which one is for the DRLS. Would you tell me if you know which wire is the right one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbutton View Post
You should be able to put a tap on the same line, they don't draw too much power. But if you don't want to tap that, you can use a load indicator to find a fuse that has power running to it only when the vehicle is on and tap that fuse.
What is a load indicator by the way?

Visit us:
and
post #15 of 95 Old 05-08-2013, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
A load indicator is a little tool that you connect to a ground or random bit of metal and then touch tool to the fuse you want to test, if the light turns on then it is getting current, if not then it will not turn on. The fuse for DRL's is 39. back row (closest to the firewall) near the middle. It should be 5 amps. I have the SEL and that is the DRL fuse, it should be the same in the Titanium. If you go to autozone they will have a load indicator, shouldn't be too expensive.
post #16 of 95 Old 05-09-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbutton View Post
A load indicator is a little tool that you connect to a ground or random bit of metal and then touch tool to the fuse you want to test, if the light turns on then it is getting current, if not then it will not turn on. The fuse for DRL's is 39. back row (closest to the firewall) near the middle. It should be 5 amps. I have the SEL and that is the DRL fuse, it should be the same in the Titanium. If you go to autozone they will have a load indicator, shouldn't be too expensive.
Thanks for the info. I'll take that as my back-up plan. First I would like to do it by tapping it directly to the wires on the headlamps though does anyone know which wire is the right one?

Visit us:
and
post #17 of 95 Old 05-09-2013, 12:38 PM

It is actually safe to tap it directly into an existing circuit? Would the extra load cause problems? And also the DRLS have two wires. The red goes to the red or + right? And the negative goes to the black or do you ground it? Is there even a black or second wire on the existing circuit?
post #18 of 95 Old 05-10-2013, 09:16 AM

Pare pinoy kaba? Ang gawin mo tap mo nlng sa existing 12v fuse bili ka ng add a circuit thend it should be as easy as plug and play. Hope that helps
post #19 of 95 Old 05-10-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oweng View Post
Pare pinoy kaba? Ang gawin mo tap mo nlng sa existing 12v fuse bili ka ng add a circuit thend it should be as easy as plug and play. Hope that helps
Yup! salamat. Pero di kasi ako electrician so di ko talaga alam yung exact location kung saan ko sya mai-tap baka pwede mo ko tulungan kahi picture lang para alam ko kung saan ko ilalagay? Meron ka din ba Escape na Titanium? Salamat ulit

Visit us:
and
post #20 of 95 Old 05-10-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhivelivetv View Post
Yup! salamat. Pero di kasi ako electrician so di ko talaga alam yung exact location kung saan ko sya mai-tap baka pwede mo ko tulungan kahi picture lang para alam ko kung saan ko ilalagay? Meron ka din ba Escape na Titanium? Salamat ulit
Where you from? Hindi din ako electrian but i manange to install it. Its very easy just buy (add a circuit or in line fuse box) so that you dont need to splice any wire. Then you can tap from one of the mini fuses from your engine fuse box check mo yung manual mo locate mo ung fuse ng rear wiper m dun ka mag tap. Then just ground the black wire to any metal part of your vehicle. Mine is SE ito ung picture ng add a circuit chaka ung led strip ko.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (239.4 KB, 78 views)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page