1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Windows won't go up in cold weather

I have a 2013 Escape and especially the passenger side window will not go up on any temp below freezing. The driver's side is extremely slow. Going down is fine. I have to stop, get out, and walk over to the passenger side and manually lift it with my hand while pressing the window lift button.

Although one doesn't normally open the passenger side window in winter, there are occassions where this is necessary. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-07-2013, 07:57 PM

Take it into Ford, might be the bracket, lubrication or something along those lines.
post #3 of 17 Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 AM

Yes, I have the same problem with my 2013 Escape passenger side window. I did take it into the dealership for evaluation. They told me that there is a "break-in" period and that the rubber molding is still stiff not allowing the window to go up quicker than it does. I don't agree at all, i think they were feeding me a line! it is a brand new car. They did lubricate everything they could however i still do not see a difference. This morning my driver side wouldn't go up and i had to pull it up with my hand while using the button.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 01-15-2013, 02:36 PM

I have been having the same problem as well. Only when its cold outside. When its warmer goes up and down the same. Haven't taken it in yet.
post #5 of 17 Old 01-15-2013, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I will say that if I keep it washed the windows work better. All that road grime really makes it worse. Keeping it clean is easier said than done in Northern Ohio in the winter!
post #6 of 17 Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerkebi View Post
Thanks guys. I will say that if I keep it washed the windows work better. All that road grime really makes it worse. Keeping it clean is easier said than done in Northern Ohio in the winter!
I used to wash my car at the local coin car wash every 3 days in the winter and never had issues with my windows going down or up, while everyone else did....i guess it pays to be OCD
post #7 of 17 Old 02-16-2013, 09:56 PM

Windows won't go up in cold weather

Having same issue with my wife's Escape. Getting ready to get it in for that and the rear hatch not going shut every time I close it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #8 of 17 Old 02-17-2013, 11:49 PM

cold weather window problem

I've had my 2013 Ford Escape 1 week and a few days ago I rolled the passenger window 1/2 way down and it barely went back up. Temperature was in the upper 20s. The driver side was also slow but not as slow as the passenger side. I'm going in for an installation of a remote start in 3 days and I plan to bring it up.
post #9 of 17 Old 02-19-2013, 09:07 PM

there is a tsb on it go to the dealer they will replace the regulator
post #10 of 17 Old 02-21-2013, 01:27 PM

My front passenger window would get stuck or go very slow when going up. The dealer had to pop the door panel and lube the guide rails. Works better. There is not a TSB on the windows, but a SSM (Special Service Memo) ... replacing the regulator is only needed if it burns out from the window being stuck. Otherwise take it to the dealer and have them lube the rails.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page