2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-12-2013, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Ford Sync AppLink

When will Sync Applink be available on the Escape? , makes Sync look actually useful for something other than just taking phone calls.

Ford Sync AppLink hands-on with new apps - YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-13-2013, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
We all been waiting (Im)patiently. My sales guy told me all about it and what I can do, I get home to try it and nothin. A lil miss information doesn't seem to harm (them)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 Old 08-02-2013, 10:24 AM

Is there a upgrade coming that might add Sync Applink to the Escape? With all the tech features in the Escape it seems like a oversight to not have this usefull feature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-03-2013, 09:00 PM

There's a Sync upgrade coming this month. My understanding is that it doesn't include Applink for the Escape.

It's truly bizarre that Sync has different feature sets depending on the model of vehicle.

Of course, I also find it odd that cars just don't run iOS.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-02-2013, 03:34 PM

I should have done some homework before buying.. Feeling totally ripped off from Ford by the salesman saying I could link apps on my Moto X - just picked up the car yesterday.. Is it true they are not offering applink because of the contract with that crappy satellite radio company... WT? Ford... sorry awful first post - but I am kind of feeling cheated.... as I am sure a lot of you are...
post #6 of 11 Old 10-02-2013, 04:08 PM

Welcome, Mr-Glass!

Hang in there... with so many Escapes entering the world, eventually they'll feel enough pressure from customers to support it on that platform.

Let's all bombard Ford with this request, k?
Mr-Glass likes this.

2013 Ford Escape SE 2.0L EcoBoost AWD in Deep Impact Blue w/ MFT, Cargo Man. Option & Class II Tow Package
post #7 of 11 Old 10-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Glass View Post
I should have done some homework before buying.. Feeling totally ripped off from Ford by the salesman saying I could link apps on my Moto X - just picked up the car yesterday.. Is it true they are not offering applink because of the contract with that crappy satellite radio company... WT? Ford... sorry awful first post - but I am kind of feeling cheated.... as I am sure a lot of you are...

My salesman told me the same thing even showed me where to go in the MFT to see the apps, plus he told me that this had the 3D buildings, in the GPS system, I have yet to see that I think its another one of those where its another car but not in the FE. It is not because of the Sirius XM, since the Focus, and Fusion all have that as well, its just one of those things that Sync held back on.
Mr-Glass likes this.

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

post #8 of 11 Old 10-02-2013, 05:18 PM

Thanks for the info guys.. I know the MFT just received an update - I guess we can keep our fingers crossed - the system seems to have the specs for it - so.... anyway oh btw.. Love the FE and really surprised by the power of the 2.0 - great handling - awd seems really stable..
post #9 of 11 Old 10-02-2013, 05:22 PM
JMR

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanalog View Post
Hang in there... with so many Escapes entering the world, eventually they'll feel enough pressure from customers to support it on that platform.
That's certainly possible, although everyone should be aware that "support" doesn't necessarily mean legacy system support, i.e., retroactivity. Look at what happened with the backup cameras, for example. A feature change can be made with no provision for extending it to already-sold vehicles.

Moreover, at some point the hardware limitations of our existing Sync/MFT systems may mean that software upgrades will be made available only on new models with more robust hardware. Maybe the 2013-14 Escapes will stop with MFT 3.7 or MFT 4.0 (or whatever), while subsequent model years get further improvements.

2013 Sterling Gray Metallic Escape SEL 2.0L 4WD w/Equipment Group 302A, Panorama Roof, Ford OEM Cargo Area Protector, Ford OEM Splash Guards, WeatherTech All-Weather Floor Mats (front only), Ford OEM Center Console Tray, Aluminum Pedal Covers, Fitted LED DRLs
post #10 of 11 Old 10-02-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMR View Post
That's certainly possible, although everyone should be aware that "support" doesn't necessarily mean legacy system support, i.e., retroactivity. Look at what happened with the backup cameras, for example. A feature change can be made with no provision for extending it to already-sold vehicles.

Moreover, at some point the hardware limitations of our existing Sync/MFT systems may mean that software upgrades will be made available only on new models with more robust hardware. Maybe the 2013-14 Escapes will stop with MFT 3.7 or MFT 4.0 (or whatever), while subsequent model years get further improvements.
While I agree with what you are saying - it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth of many when Sync and Ford Sync have the capability and Ford Sync Touch was touted as a higher option...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page