2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 06-13-2013, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

How do you turn off headlights completely?

We love going to the drive-in in the summer, but can't sit through the movies with our headlights on. Is there ANY way to get all the headlights (fog lights, running lights, etc) to turn off? It seems like there should be a simple override solution like in other cars, but I can't seem to find one. We just bought the car last night .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-14-2013, 02:35 AM

Unless your Escape is different from ours, there should be a multi-position headlamp switch on the left of the dash. Off, Park, On, and Auto positions.

Wife's car: 13 Escape Titanium 2.0L AWD, Frosted Glass
My Truck: 99 F250 Supercab 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke
post #3 of 15 Old 06-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdance4fun View Post
We love going to the drive-in in the summer, but can't sit through the movies with our headlights on. Is there ANY way to get all the headlights (fog lights, running lights, etc) to turn off? It seems like there should be a simple override solution like in other cars, but I can't seem to find one. We just bought the car last night .
Here you go. You probably have Automatic on (far right setting).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (179.9 KB, 135 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Ford Escape, 2.0 Titanium, 4WD, Frosted Glass - build date 4/16/13
2003 Subaru Forester
1999 Subaru Forester
and more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 06-14-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeans View Post
Here you go. You probably have Automatic on (far right setting).
I gues even you put it in off DRL is still on
post #5 of 15 Old 06-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Problem u may have if you go to a drive in without a speaker and have to use a radio frq ur vehicle will turn off for battery saving after 30 min. At least it is I the push start FE's

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

post #6 of 15 Old 06-14-2013, 11:32 PM

Cool Headlights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdance4fun View Post
I don't think you provided enough information to make sense... of course I could be missing something you said... but won't the lights all go off when you turn the vehicle off? I understand they may be on for a few seconds or so. But you can have the vehicle off and still listen to the radio if you want.... Don't drive ins have a speaker next to your parked vehicle or use the radio?

What am I missing about your question? I apologize for not understanding your question appropriately...

Randy
2013 2.0 liter Turbo 4WD Escape
post #7 of 15 Old 06-16-2013, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

No, our drive-in doesn't have outside speakers. You tune into an FM station to hear the movie. We usually keep it running part of the time so the battery won't die, get a kick of A/C, etc. But if the car is on the running lights are always on (even when headlight switch is in the "Off" position as shown in the diagrams posted). This is what I'm trying to figure out- is there any way to get ALL the lights to turn off while the car is on? Seems silly not to have that option.
post #8 of 15 Old 06-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I think next time I go to the drive in, I'll stop at the local Wal-mart and pick up this old thing called a radio and throw some batteries in it and call it done. That way I don't have to mess with turning on and off the car, or playing with the other features that turn the car off. FYI, I have successfully sat at a drive in watched two full length movies via the FM station using my car's radio and started and left without a hitch.
mrbeankc likes this.

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

post #9 of 15 Old 06-17-2013, 07:57 AM

Try having the parking brake on before you turn the car on. Does the running light still turn on?
post #10 of 15 Old 11-30-2013, 01:32 PM

JDance - I have the same issue. Did you ever receive a satisfactory answer?

Tags
headlights , override

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page