LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-27-2013, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

My Phone is sync'd but can't play music

Hello:
Newbie here.

My iphone has been paired with Sync, but I cannot get my music to play. My Iphone see's sync and sync see's my iphone. Does it need to be connected via USB to play music? I must be doing something stupid.....????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-27-2013, 07:21 PM
JMR

Garage
It's hard for anyone to diagnose this kind of problem without knowing what kind of media player you're using and exactly what steps you have attempted so far that haven't worked. You're probably going to have to read the owner's manual and/or watch some Sync instructional videos on YouTube (there are many). In general, however, when using a Bluetooth link to stream music, you have to turn on the music app on your phone directly (i.e., with your hands), start playing the music, and then use Sync to select the Bluetooth option. After that, the music playing on your phone should come through your car speakers.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-27-2013, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

I haven't used the usb port as of yet as my cable is at work, but I am using itunes to play my playlist. I physically turn the music on my iphone and I have the little icon that asks me (sync/iphone) I select sync.

I must not be in the right mode on the sync menu?
syncmyride.com is down for service right now, but when it comes back up I will search for answers as well.
post #4 of 6 Old 06-27-2013, 10:52 PM

When my iPhone 5 is plugged in with the USB cord I can use Voice commands to play my music. But if I'm just streaming via Bluetooth I have to start the music on the phone first. Not sure if you can use voice command via the Bluetooth option.

2013 Escape Titanium FWD 2.0 , Sterling Gray with all options but the the Towing Package
post #5 of 6 Old 06-28-2013, 09:43 PM

I've had a problem with my Sync system and I called the Sync Support line, page 284 of your manual, 1-888-270-1055 US or 1-800-565-3673 Canada. Very helpful! Just make sure you call on a different phone then the one cell phone you normally use.
I can just stream music from my iPhone 5 by saying "Bluetooth Audio". I don't have to start anything. The Sync people also told me NOT to use my iPod with my USB port. The suggest just using a flash drive. Works exactly the same way but is less subject to problems and if it gets lost or stolen you're out maybe $10 bucks.
With my problem I had to go to the dealer, mine was really great, and talked to their Sync expert. We fixed my particular problem by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes since a Master Reset didn't work. I put all my music to a flash drive and everything is great now.

2013 RubyRed Escape SE. 1.6 AWD
WeatherTech floor mats
OEM cargo mat
Lamin-X on fog lights
post #6 of 6 Old 07-04-2013, 12:23 AM

can't play music

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMR View Post
It's hard for anyone to diagnose this kind of problem without knowing what kind of media player you're using and exactly what steps you have attempted so far that haven't worked. You're probably going to have to read the owner's manual and/or watch some Sync instructional videos on YouTube (there are many). In general, however, when using a Bluetooth link to stream music, you have to turn on the music app on your phone directly (i.e., with your hands), start playing the music, and then use Sync to select the Bluetooth option. After that, the music playing on your phone should come through your car speakers.

i agree with the point ,, but there is another thing to be taken into accont. you should be confire whether the system of you phone is compatible with the car head unit

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page