1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 06-30-2013, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Sync scheduled maintenance

I'm new to how Sync works, but at least five times since I've had the 2013 FE, my radio will turn off and MFT will go black, only to come up three or so minutes later going through 'scheduled maintenance'. A couple of times this has happened when I am trying to use the nav to get to a place where I have never been!

Is this normal for Sync to do this? I know we have to update the system via USB thumbdrive, but if the system is performing it's own maintenance, there has to be incoming data to the Sync system, right?

Current ride:

"Serenity": 2013 Ford Escape Titanium FWD 2.0L Ingot Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoxane View Post
I'm new to how Sync works, but at least five times since I've had the 2013 FE, my radio will turn off and MFT will go black, only to come up three or so minutes later going through 'scheduled maintenance'. A couple of times this has happened when I am trying to use the nav to get to a place where I have never been!

Is this normal for Sync to do this? I know we have to update the system via USB thumbdrive, but if the system is performing it's own maintenance, there has to be incoming data to the Sync system, right?

Hi, its not normal, I had this happen to me twice within the first few weeks during a trip, I was hoping the TSB for the GPS module solved it, but it happened to me again on my way home from the baseball game this past Saturday I will post pics in a few regards to it.
post #3 of 12 Old 07-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
post #4 of 12 Old 07-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Today I brought in in after talking loudly with the tech, he gave it a deeper once over and found am update we will see what it does.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #5 of 12 Old 07-13-2013, 01:46 PM

Garage
The same thing actually happened to me yesterday while I was coming back home from an unknown address. Good thing I sort of remembered how to get home because I was without a GPS for a few minutes. Unlike other drivers, I hate to start fumbling with my phone while doing 55 mph on the highway. Hopefully this was the first and only time.

2013 Ford Escape Titanium FWD, White Platinum, Everything on it except the trailer hitch!
post #6 of 12 Old 07-13-2013, 06:27 PM

Garage
I had the same thing happened but it only happened once after I started the car from a 100 mile road trip so my guess is that maybe it happens on long drives after using the navigation. Maybe the nav. system is being refreshed during this reboot? i don't know unless someone can figure it out and post it on here hopefully.I will post if it happens again too. Cheers

2013 Ford escape titanium FWD tuxedo black. Options: power panoramic vista roof, parking technology package, Navigation System on Myford touch, and full leather seats. Built in Louisville, KY on October 2, 2012.
post #7 of 12 Old 07-13-2013, 07:26 PM

The SYNC system does a scheduled maintenance reboot periodically and that's normal. If it's doing it multiple times and often, there may be something wrong with the software. First, confirm you are running SYNC 3.5.1. You can try yourself to do a master reset from the touch screen or pulling fuse 67 in the fuse panel under the glove box in the passenger foot well. If that doesn't solve the reboots, I would take it in, you may have a bad APIM. If you try the fuse pull, there is a plastic fuse pulling tool attached to the inside top of the fuse box in the engine compartment.

2014 C-Max Energi
302A Package
Sterling Gray
post #8 of 12 Old 07-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Now the updated wasn't a sync update it was a system update of MFT. I am running 3.5.1 since the update
post #9 of 12 Old 07-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I came across this on YouTube. Perhaps this will start shedding some light

http://youtu.be/DvT03UWmzdo

post #10 of 12 Old 07-19-2013, 09:51 AM
JMR
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotattitude View Post
I came across this on YouTube. Perhaps this will start shedding some light

Ford SYNC with MyFord Touch Software Bug - YouTube
Kenny G. makes the system retch?

My guess is that the track doesn't cause a reset directly. Rather, the track makes the system "hang" -- i.e., the track won't play correctly for some reason, or is not recognized as a proper audio track -- and that in turn triggers the reset. Over the years, I've occasionally come across corrupted audio tracks that just won't play on my iPod, though they sometimes will play elsewhere, such as within iTunes. When the iPod encounters such a track, it just skips it. But I can imagine a situation in which a different type of software reaction occurs. When I've replaced these faulty tracks with new versions of the same song, I've noticed that the bad ones had a slightly larger file size, as if some encoded garbage had gotten appended to the file.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page