LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-28-2014, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

iPod disconnecting while playing

Have had my 2014 Escape since July and the iPod will sometimes disconnect (on occasion when a road is rough but not always) and it will not reconnect no matter what you try. You have to stop the vehicle, turn it off and wait a little while then crank back up to get the system to recognize the iPod again.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-28-2014, 02:59 AM

Did you try a different cable? I've found it can be sensitive to the cable.

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 1.6l - Sunset Metallic
post #3 of 9 Old 09-28-2014, 03:28 AM Thread Starter

Yes, I got a new cable and it still happens. Sales Rep at the dealer said I need to do a hard reboot on the iPod weekly since I leave it plugged in all the time but that hasn't helped either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-02-2014, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Rep at the dealer is now telling me I need to upgrade the software version on my iPod. Yesterday as I was about to pull out of parking space at work the iPod disconnected again. I turned off the car, did a hard reboot on the iPod, unplugged it from the USB port and it still would not reconnect. After messing with it for over 10 minutes I gave up and drove home. All the way home in the bottom left corner of the screen I kept seeing a message that read "Indexing device..." The only device connected is the Ipod so I'm not sure what this means however....when I got ready to head to work again the radio was on, like it was when I parked the car but then all of a sudden without touching ANY BUTTONS, the iPod starts playing again. It plays in no certain order but it's like it has been shuffled because it's a mix of all the artists and songs I have on the device.
Call me stubborn but I don't get the impression this has ANYTHING to do with the iPod whatsoever....it acts like a problem with the sound system especially because of the "indexing" message that displayed all the way home.
Anyone have any suggestions? I am about at my wits end with this problem
post #5 of 9 Old 10-02-2014, 10:50 AM

Garage
Regarding "indexing device" SNYC was scanning your iPod so that it would be able to recognize voice commands from you to play the music on your iPod by artists, albums and songs. Depending on how much music you have on the iPod will depend on how long it takes to index. What model iPod do you have? How old is it (what generation)? What is the capacity and how much data do you have on it? I had used the older iPod Classic 160GB and it was completely full of music and it took quite a while to index (15 minutes). It would disconnect every once in a while and it would also become unrecognized randomly. Would have to do a hard reboot of the iPod in order for SYNC to recognize it then it would index all over again. I started using a 32GB iPod Touch for a while and had no problems. Not sure if it was because of a different model iPod or because there was less data for SYNC to keep up with. I now use 64GB USB flash drives filled with music and have had no issues at all. USB flash drives are much cheaper than iPods and SYNC not only indexes them quickly but when using voice commands to play an artist or song it finds it instantly compared to my iPod's.

2014 Escape Titanium Sport 2.0 AWD
Ingot Silver Metallic/Med. Light Stone Leather
All options except Tow package/Build Date: 07/19/13
post #6 of 9 Old 10-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Granted that the Mp3's are set up in the way SYNC can read them correctly, I have had that nightmare before. lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 9 Old 10-02-2014, 08:57 PM

When I first got my Escape, my phone wouldn't work worth a hoot. Later I saw that my daughter had put an emoji smiley face after her name in the contacts list. As soon as I removed the emoji, no problems with the phone.

Some of the music from iTunes or whatever downloads videos with the music. I have found that the video files mixed in with the music files plays havoc as well.

My point being that any type of file that doesn't play well with Sync will cause hiccups and maybe something has found its way on your iPod.

2013 Ginger Ale Titanium 2.0 AWD, Factory Tow Package, Pano Roof and Roof Rack, Kuga LED Rear Tail Lights, Factory Added NAV, factory Added Rear Camera, Rear Spoiler, Build Date - Sept. 2012
post #8 of 9 Old 10-04-2014, 06:49 AM

I have a second gen iPod. Sometimes for no reason it simply stops working. I have to do a reboot of the iPod and it works fine for another month or two.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-05-2014, 05:53 PM

Garage
My ipod does this and when it does, I have to hard reboot the ipod. I do not think its a sync issue as I have had to do the same in my Grand Cherokee and 300.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page