LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 PM

MyFord Touch, master reset required twice

I've had my SE for 6 weeks and twice already I have had to do a master reset on the MyFord Touch. Today my voice prompts stopped then the tones stopped. I'd press the talk button to speak a command and the radio would mute but no response from the system. The "listening" symbol appeared in the lower left corner of the screen but it wasn't even really "listening". I'd speak a command that required no response and nothing would happen. After 3 or 4 seconds the radio could be heard again. I called Ford and they instructed me to do the master reset. I id the reset 4 times one after another. After the 3rd time I finally had some voice feedback then after the 4th attempt it appeared to be fixed. Also after attempt #4 the screen showed running "system maintenance" or something. This is twice now that I have lost all of my Navigation settings. Has anyone else had this issue and did it continue or did an update eventually fix it? Strangely, this morning after starting the engine my screen did read "Performing System Maintenance" or something like that. A bar worked across the screen from left to right then it was complete. Wonder if that had anything to do with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-29-2013, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I'm up to system reset 4/5. The maintenance is just its reboot screen. Not what it's stating
#3 Old 03-29-2013, 06:37 AM

I am about to do my second after 3 weeks of ownership. My iPod wont shuffle eventhough it is set to shuffle and the shuffle button is lit. On top of that every once in a while it will stop all voice and button commands to the iPod and tell me its creating voice commands again eventhough I have never unplugged the iPod from the vehicle.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page