2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Sync Issues

5K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Qmobile 
#1 ·
So here's the thing I play music from my phone(S5) a lot driving, but have had some issues with it staying connected. So far I've re-connected and no change, so I tried re-pairing my phone to system twice....now it'll connect to it but no for music. Tried turning the BTstereo on and off in the MFT menu, again no change. Up until like a month or so ago was working perfect. I'm outta ideas what else can I try/do? I hate to but would a Master Reset help at all? Been thinkin bout seein if the service dept at the deal could do something but before I pay the warranty deductible figure I'd see if y'all had any ideas.

#3 ·
phone is'nt that old....maybe 4 months old

#4 ·
Ok update....the phone says it connected and phone calls come through but can be answered via the phone, not the hands free controls. Also it says the phone is connected via USB when there's not plugged in

#5 ·
I have an iPhone 5s. Sync for phone calls works well. BT sound quality is not that good. I transferred all my music to USB. Sound quality is excellent. The mini USB plugs in inside the center console.

#6 ·
Sometimes the phone's Bluetooth isn't that great out of the box on the phones.. the iphone 6 that I have is 80% ok.. sometimes it will connect to the car and start playing right away sometimes it takes a few tries to get it to connect.

Other phones I have had the Bluetooth has worked better, etc..

#8 ·
The Basic sync has a usb plug.. the MFT has a SD card slot along with the RCA and USB plugs.

#11 ·
Also I should say that the MFT says the phone is'nt connected when it is( see post #4 ) @FordService Tricia your assistance is needed

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey Qmobile,

I’m here for ya! MFT is not my area of expertise but have no fear, I’ll direct you to the right person. ;) Reach out to Rebecca, she's on the In-Vehicle Technology team. They specialize in SYNC, navigation, SiriusXM, and MyFord Touch. You can contact her directly here.

Let me know how it goes!

Tricia

#14 ·
Ok update....the phone says it connected and phone calls come through but can be answered via the phone, not the hands free controls. Also it says the phone is connected via USB when there's not plugged in
Hi Q,

A master reset could help with this, and since you've already tried re-pairing your phone, a reset is the next step. Here are the instructions if you need them:

Master Reset | SYNC Help Video | Official Ford Owner Site

You stated that it worked up until a month ago; did it stop after the Lollipop update was installed on your phone? If so, you may need to contact your phone provider to see if they have any troubleshooting tips.

Rebecca

#16 ·
Ok so far so good....still have a slight connection issue when playin music but it's ok....least now it plays it

#18 ·
So here's something odd....when I play BT music in my truck it has slight connection problems, but I just tried it in my mom's Encore and worked like a champ. I dunno if it's just a odd thing or GM and Ford use different stuff for BT (SYNC vs Intellink) any ideas? Maybe it was because I wasn't as close to the stereo as in my truck?

#20 ·
Well on and off it seems like when I got music from my phone playing, it'll disconnect (from just the music) and re-connect. Right before I notice that it'll cut out a tad. Just earlier today fact it did that within like 5-10 minutes of each time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.