1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 06-26-2015, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Question Ford Sync keeps disconnecting

Having issues with Ford Sync in my '15 E S. so i dont have MyFordtouch.

It was working with my phone (samsung s5) for the first few weeks through bluetooth but for some reason today my phone pairs fine, then when i choose the source as bluetooth right before the music plays it says phone disconnected. Same happens when i try to use ford sync apps and try to launch spotify. the disconnection seems to happen when i press play (i use spotify)

I have tried using my phone through USB but since day one it did not work just gives me an error "this phone can not play protected content" or somethin along those lines.

This is what i have done as far as trouble shooting:
unpairing my phone, deleting my phone from sync, changing my phone name, and repairing.
Factory reset of sync, as well as updating my phone to new lollipop release.
tried turning bluetooth on my phone (as well as sync) on and off and switching on and off airplane as well as a dozen restarts.

Very frustrated and driving sucks without my music let me know if anyone has any ideas.

oh yeah tried contacting the dealership about sync updates but the guy seemed to just brush my issues to the side with "well its a 2015 you dont need any updates". if anyone knows otherwise please let me know, thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 06-26-2015, 08:08 AM

Hi MaynardMonster,

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing Spotify, and is that the only app that this is happening to? Depending on when your Escape was made, you may have an update available on your Owner account under the SYNC & HOW-TOS tab; I can check your software level. If you'd like me to check, please send me your VIN in a PM.

Rebecca

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

post #3 of 22 Old 07-14-2015, 03:31 PM

I am having the EXACT same issue and it started last week. It pairs up until I press play on the google play app and then the radio says "Bluetooth disconnected" I also got the "this radio cannot play protected content" when I try to sync using a usb cable.

So frustrating.

According to the website, I have the latest version of Sync (April 2015). I don't want to have to bring it in for servicing just for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 07-15-2015, 08:32 AM

Hi debsabourin13,

Which phone and SYNC system do you have:

How to identify your SYNC version | Official Ford Owner Site

Let me know when you get a chance, and we'll troubleshoot this.

Rebecca

t:

f:

post #5 of 22 Old 10-11-2015, 06:41 AM

Ford Escape SYNC keeps saying "Bluetooth is off, switch it on? even if I select 'Yes'

Hi,

I had my new Ford Escape SE 2015 just last September 1. The SYNC has been working well and able to pair with my phone successfully. Suddenly last night, all of a sudden, it is unable to pair with my phone and until now. It kept saying that "Bluetooth is currently off. Switch it on?" And when I select "Yes", again it displays this message.
I already did everything (i.e. reset, restore to factory defaults). Still, it does not work.

Have you experienced the same kind of problem before? Could you please assist and help me if you have?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,
Godwyn Tabac
post #6 of 22 Old 10-11-2015, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
The possible answers vary depending on the phone, its software and your carrier (some carriers like to tweak the os, esp Android builds), and of course the Sync version on the Escape.
Many, times this can be due to a phone update or changes to the phone's settings, especially if it suddenly stops when nothing has changed in Sync.
I would search the web for Bluetooth connections for your phone and its operating system (ios, android, windows) to see if there are some solutions on that end.

ATL GA USA
2013 Titanium<SEL Tuxedo Black 2.0 Born on 2012.07.19
OEM HIDs, PanoRoof, Sony MFT Nav, PVD Chrome Rims
Packages: 302A, Parking Tech, Ford Towing
Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?

to learn how!
post #7 of 22 Old 10-12-2015, 01:01 AM

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Please note that neither settings nor updates have ever been changed on my phones. I have also tried different phones of my friends but still it is not able to see the SYNC.

I believe the main issue is that the bluetooth will not turn on in the SYNC. As I have said, it kept saying "Bluetooth is turn off, turn it on?" And even when I select "Yes", it will keep displaying this message.
Note that tt was working for more than a month since I bought my Ford Escape 2015.

By the way, how do I know the the version of my SYNC software? Likewise, when I tried to register in the owner ford website to check for software updates, it gives an error message invalid VIN when I key in the VIN of my vehicle.
Do you know where I can download the latest version of the SYNC software?

Hope to hear from you soon again and thanks in advance for the assistance.

Regards.
post #8 of 22 Old 10-12-2015, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I would try to re-enable Bluetooth through the menu. I'm more accustomed to MFT, so I would refer you to the System settings in the Sync section of your manual. If this fails, and you are still having issues getting logged in to your account, perhaps @FordIVTteam can step in to help, you can also chat with them from the site where you are having issues to see if they can assist you in getting your login squared away. I have dealt with them via both and they are quite helpful. Good luck and let us know how it turns out

ATL GA USA
2013 Titanium<SEL Tuxedo Black 2.0 Born on 2012.07.19
OEM HIDs, PanoRoof, Sony MFT Nav, PVD Chrome Rims
Packages: 302A, Parking Tech, Ford Towing
Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?

to learn how!
post #9 of 22 Old 10-12-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcarl69 View Post
The possible answers vary depending on the phone, its software and your carrier (some carriers like to tweak the os, esp Android builds), and of course the Sync version on the Escape.
Many, times this can be due to a phone update or changes to the phone's settings, especially if it suddenly stops when nothing has changed in Sync.
I would search the web for Bluetooth connections for your phone and its operating system (ios, android, windows) to see if there are some solutions on that end.
Hey Godwyn!,

I responded to your Twitter DM. Take a peek.

Shaay

t:

f:

post #10 of 22 Old 01-08-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi MaynardMonster,

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing Spotify, and is that the only app that this is happening to? Depending on when your Escape was made, you may have an update available on your Owner account under the SYNC & HOW-TOS tab; I can check your software level. If you'd like me to check, please send me your VIN in a PM.

Rebecca
Hello,

My name is Rebecca and I'm having this exact same issue with my 2015 Ford Escape with the basic SYNC system. Can you please help me trouble shoot this issue?

Thank you,
Rebecca

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page