2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 08-09-2015, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Radio working but no display?

Hello all, hopefully someone can help?

I had to give someone a jump with my car today, but I noticed later when I went to drive again that my display wasn't working. I had sound, and could move the radio presets like normal but the screen is completely blank. I have no idea if it was related to giving a jump or not but that's the only different thing that happened today with the car.

Anyone else had this?

EDIT: Forgot to mention it's a 2013 SE.

Also, went out there a few min ago again to try and still blank but I noticed that if I look veeeery closely at the screen and squint to get it in the right light, there's a very faint mirror image of the clock in the top middle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 08-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Not knowing what radio you have makes it hard to help. Did you try the lights dimmer?

ATL GA USA
2013 Titanium<SEL Tuxedo Black 2.0 Built 07.19.2012
OEM Xenons, 302A package, PanoRoof, Sony MFT Nav
Parking Tech Package, PVD Chrome Rims, Ford Tow Pkg
Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 Old 08-09-2015, 08:15 PM

Garage
Mine had an issue where I could see the time and date and the radio station but no sound..lol

2016 Deep Impact Blue Titanium Escape
301a, panoramic roof, navigation, 2.0
Build Date: 09-07-2015

2013 White Escape SE 2.0 Eco
Tow PKG
Power Lift-gate
Panoramic Moonroof
Build Date 6/29/2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 08-09-2015, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcarl69 View Post
Not knowing what radio you have makes it hard to help. Did you try the lights dimmer?

Sorry, it's the MFT w/Sync touch screen display. It's not the dimmer, haven't been neat the controls and the screen brightness is adjusted through the screen menu...which I can no longer see.
post #5 of 17 Old 08-09-2015, 10:33 PM

Hmmm .... so no MFT display but the audio (and everything else in the car) works OK including all exterior and interior lights, correct??

.... I'd try these things in this order ....

1) Double check just for grins - verify that the instrument light dimmer near the headlight switch is full bright

2) open and look over all the fuses in the box under the hood - are any blown?

3) Check fuse number 67 (7.5amp) in the BCM behind and below the glove box - that's the fuse for the Display Interface Module

4) You might try disconnecting the negative battery cable from the 'jump-start post' (don't let it touch anything metal) and leave it off for about a minute or two, then reconnect (That's half the procedure for a SYNC System 'master reset'; the other half requires MFT to be working so you can navigate to the system setting 'reset' button on the screen). Yes, when you pull-off the cable and when you put it back you will likely get a spark - no worries, it won't hurt you or the car as long as you are not touching any of the RED cables (UNLESS YOU HAVE A PACEMAKER OR SIMILAR IMPLANT !! - then get somebody else to do this ;-).
atlcarl69 and Jenna like this.

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 17 Old 08-09-2015, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by centex View Post
Hmmm .... so no MFT display but the audio (and everything else in the car) works OK including all exterior and interior lights, correct??

.... I'd try these things in this order ....

1) Double check just for grins - verify that the instrument light dimmer near the headlight switch is full bright

2) Check fuse number 67 (7.5amp) in the BCM behind and below the glove box - that's the fuse for the Display Interface Module

3) You might try disconnecting the negative battery cable from the 'jump-start post' (don't let it touch anything metal) and leave it off for about a minute or two, then reconnect (That's half the procedure for a SYNC System 'master reset'; the other half requires MFT to be working so you can navigate to the system setting 'reset' button on the screen). Yes, when you pull-off the cable and when you put it back you will likely get a spark - no worries.

Correct. Everything else works just fine, all lights accounted for and driver display (gas, mileage etc) is normal. Audio sound fine and the steering wheel controls change the stations on my pre-sets still. I just can't SEE anything happening.

Checked the dimmer, that's at full.

Actually just tried to get fuse 67 out but couldn't without the proper puller. Only realised that the puller was in the engine compartment fuse panel after it got dark and read the manual a bit better. Gonna try again tomorrow in daylight...couldn't even get a pair of pliers in that space, it's a small fit.

If that fails, I'll try your battery idea. Cheers for the suggestions!
post #7 of 17 Old 08-09-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
Correct. Everything else works just fine, all lights accounted for and driver display (gas, mileage etc) is normal. Audio sound fine and the steering wheel controls change the stations on my pre-sets still. I just can't SEE anything happening....
OK, that sure sounds like the power only to the display or the display screen itself is the issue. Not sure why that was affected by the jump but as you say that's the only 'event' that coincides.

Hopefully it's fuse 67 - if not I'm sure you'll post and I'll look deeper into the schematic diagrams to see if anything else 'owner serviceable' comes up.

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)

post #8 of 17 Old 08-09-2015, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Cheers, I'll definitely keep you posted. I'll be trying again after work tomorrow.

After searching for a while earlier I found a post elsewhere where someone stated that after they pulled their battery, their screen stopped working but a quick disconnect/reconnect got it working again, so I remain hopeful! But first I'll tackle the pesky fuse and cross my fingers
post #9 of 17 Old 08-10-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
Cheers, I'll definitely keep you posted. I'll be trying again after work tomorrow.

After searching for a while earlier I found a post elsewhere where someone stated that after they pulled their battery, their screen stopped working but a quick disconnect/reconnect got it working again, so I remain hopeful! But first I'll tackle the pesky fuse and cross my fingers
By all means if it's easier for you to try pulling the neg battery than it is to check fuse 67, pull the battery cable first!

I only put it after on the suggested checklist because for me a fuse check is easier, YMMV ;-)

post #10 of 17 Old 08-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I had that once, shut down vehicle for over half hour, afterwards all came back

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page