LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 04-16-2013, 10:26 AM

The Worse Navigation System Ever!

Hi All,

It's been sometime since i've posted stuff on this forum but wanted to mention my utter frustration at the MyFord Touch Navigation System. Nearly 98% journey's result in the Navigation system getting confused where the location is not correct on the map. I've taken this into the dealer a couple of times and now they believe its the GPS Module which will be replaced today, I really doubt this is the problem and the gentleman who dropped me off mentioned someone else had the same problem where the location 1/4 mile off! I wonder if this will legal action or a lawsuit against ford??!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121222_1456251.jpg (135.4 KB, 27 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-16-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiterpa View Post
Hi All,

It's been sometime since i've posted stuff on this forum but wanted to mention my utter frustration at the MyFord Touch Navigation System. Nearly 98% journey's result in the Navigation system getting confused where the location is not correct on the map. I've taken this into the dealer a couple of times and now they believe its the GPS Module which will be replaced today, I really doubt this is the problem and the gentleman who dropped me off mentioned someone else had the same problem where the location 1/4 mile off! I wonder if this will legal action or a lawsuit against ford??!!
Just picked it up from the Dealer. They've replaced the GPSM Module and suspect it was a short. Will test drive it next.
#3 Old 04-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I brought mine in for same, they updated it ... we will see...
#4 Old 04-17-2013, 10:34 AM

I had my GPSM module replaced by Ford and it did not improve or fix the issue of lost GPS signal and delayed or failed attempts to re-acquire a signal.
#5 Old 04-18-2013, 08:03 AM

This is not an isolated problem folks. The message boards are full on GPS problems. Mine included. It sometimes takes 10 minutes to acquire the signal. I took it back to be updated (software update) and it doesn't seem like it fixed the problem. I am still seeing a red x thru the GPS icon and the car seems to not know wear it is. Do an Internet search and it will become apparent that this is a huge problem.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page