LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-27-2013, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

'CD' Player is a DVD player?

Has anyone else tried a DVD? I have the SE with the Sony head unit, "My Ford Sync" I think they call it The salesman told me that the CD player in my car is actually a DVD player and if in Park will play DVD movies.
I tried it and it didn't work. It takes in the DVD and spins for 15 seconds and then spits it back out with some sort of a read error message.
Audio CD's work fine.
, with NAV.
Thx,

C MAX NAVI DVD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-28-2013, 12:27 PM
JMR
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianbiggs5555 View Post
Has anyone else tried a DVD? I have the SE with the Sony head unit, "My Ford Sync" I think they call it The salesman told me that the CD player in my car is actually a DVD player and if in Park will play DVD movies.
I tried it and it didn't work. It takes in the DVD and spins for 15 seconds and then spits it back out with some sort of a read error message.
Your salesman was misinformed.

2013 Sterling Gray Metallic Escape SEL 2.0L 4WD w/Equipment Group 302A, Panorama Roof, Ford OEM Cargo Area Protector, Ford OEM Splash Guards, WeatherTech All-Weather Floor Mats (front only), Ford OEM Center Console Tray, Aluminum Pedal Covers, Fitted LED DRLs
post #3 of 4 Old 09-28-2013, 04:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianbiggs5555 View Post
Audio CD's work fine.
, with NAV.
Thx,

C MAX NAVI DVD
I play DVD movies all the time in mine. However, it takes a portable DVD player hooked into the composite video/audio hookup (yellow, red, white) in the center console.
I haven't tried it but I suppose you could play movies off a SD card or USB drive, too.

This is kind of hijacking the thread...ought to be in another thread by itself....

2014 Ingot Silver 4WD Titanium - 2.0 Ecoboost - All the bells and whistles
post #4 of 4 Old 09-30-2013, 03:38 PM

When you play movies from SD card, USB or video input does it work while driving? I think I read some place you need some sort of switch to tell it to play while driving. Safety stuff..Thougths?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page