2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 10-01-2013, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Question Garage Opener Help!

Hi
I just got a new 2014 FE Titanium and I'm having the hardest time getting the built in garage door opener to get programmed. It's the homelink style transmitter. My handheld transmitter is Genie Series III 3 Button Remote Control as seen here:
Amazon.com: Genie Series III 3 Button Remote Control: Home Improvement Amazon.com: Genie Series III 3 Button Remote Control: Home Improvement

I have it working in intellicode 1 mode since my garage door is older. I've seen all the videos and read the manual. I've tried to program it both ways according to genie intellicode 2 instructions and general instructions. Neither way is getting any success. If anybody has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 Old 10-01-2013, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, but I've seen these videos and have followed them to the tee but it's still not working. The blinking light over the homelink button in the video is green but mines is red does this have any significance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 10-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Those are the Generic Ford Video's, have you tried out of the manual?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Universal Garage Door Opener-1.jpg (184.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Universal Garage Door Opener-2.jpg (156.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Universal Garage Door Opener-3.jpg (158.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Universal Garage Door Opener-4.jpg (159.9 KB, 9 views)

post #5 of 14 Old 10-01-2013, 05:00 PM

Check the antenna wire coming from the circuit board by the motor, if it's missing add one or maybe get a piece of wire and make it longer. Also, you may want to try being closer to the unit when you program. I had an older Sears opener and had to be in the garage right under it to program the Homelink in my Focus.

Ordered 3/8/16
2017 Fusion SE, FWD
1.5L EcoBoost
202A, SE Luxury Pkg
Driver Assist Pkg
Technology Pkg
Moonroof
NAV
White Gold Metallic
post #6 of 14 Old 10-01-2013, 05:03 PM
JMR

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_escape View Post
Also, you may want to try being closer to the unit when you program. I had an older Sears opener and had to be in the garage right under it to program the Homelink in my Focus.
Ditto. I also had to push buttons on the ceiling unit itself.

2013 Sterling Gray Metallic Escape SEL 2.0L 4WD w/Equipment Group 302A, Panorama Roof, Ford OEM Cargo Area Protector, Ford OEM Splash Guards, WeatherTech All-Weather Floor Mats (front only), Ford OEM Center Console Tray, Aluminum Pedal Covers, Fitted LED DRLs
post #7 of 14 Old 10-01-2013, 05:20 PM

Garage
All I did was call the number in the owners manual and they got me going in 3 minutes. I can't remember what I was doing wrong but it was really simple.
neilwill likes this.
post #8 of 14 Old 10-01-2013, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

I did as gsbutton said and called homelink customer service and they got me going in 3 minutes. Can't believe it was this simple. Thanks.

2014 FE Titanium Tricoat White Platinum
2.0L FWD Ecoboost
Navigation
18" Wheels
Cross Bars
post #9 of 14 Old 10-02-2013, 08:53 AM

Garage
For others, I believe the steps are something like...

You first need to program the home link transmitter to your garage door remote frequency. You do this by holding the garage door remote within 3" of the home link, and press both home link and garage door buttons at the same time until the home link flashes fast.

Once you program the home link to your remote, you can continue to program the home link to your garage door opener. Press the learn command button on your garage door opener, then proceed to hold down one home link button until your garage door show's it programmed.

If one of your home link buttons isn't working correctly, and/or you need to clear all three buttons, hold down the outside home link buttons for around 30 seconds. Again, this will clear all three buttons.
post #10 of 14 Old 10-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
The one I would like to do is pair it to the remote I use for the community gate.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page