3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 62 Old 11-21-2016, 09:27 AM

Garage
I've been having the same problem with my 2017 TI, Was hoping for an easy fix. This weekend whole radio kept disabling so I think there might be more going on with mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 62 Old 11-22-2016, 12:17 AM

I will have to try not using the ford app and c if it keeps my settings the same. Thanks for the tip.
post #23 of 62 Old 11-22-2016, 01:26 AM

Garage
Same issue here. Seems to be a FordPass issue. Will try calling them when I have the time and patience.....

2017 Ford Escape Titanium AWD, Lightning Blue Met, 2.0 EcoBoost, 301A Technology Pkg. Adaptive Cruise Control Pkg., Panoramic Vista Roof, Navigation System, 19" Mach Alum Lus Nic PTD, Panoramic Vista Roof, Roof-Rail Crossbars, Blk.
post #24 of 62 Old 11-22-2016, 08:06 PM

Today I never used the ford app once and still same problem with heated seats and heated steering wheel. Looks like I'm going to have to take it into the dealer hoping they can fix the problem
post #25 of 62 Old 11-23-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
Remote button start ok, Ford app resets the defaults, I have been testing all day.
Yes, I've done the remote start with the key fob twice and both times the heater and the heated steering wheel have been on. I have it set to auto in the settings. I don't recall if the heated seats turned on, I don't know if I have that set to off or if I just haven't noticed that it turned on.

After reading through the thread again and reading your post here, it looks like it might be an issue just when you remote start through the Ford Pass app. I will try doing that in the next few days and see what it does, I'll post the results back on here.

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L 4WD - Ingot Silver
Navigation
Panoramic Vista Roof
Class II Trailer Tow Prep
Build Date: May 2016
post #26 of 62 Old 12-07-2016, 07:05 PM

Having the same problem, I thought I was crazy for a second as I could swear I set it to auto heated seat and even accused my fiancé of turning it off! Thanks for confirming I am not the only one with the problem! I plan on calling the dealer but would hate to take it in for service if there isn't a fix as it will just be a bunch of wasted time!
post #27 of 62 Old 12-08-2016, 12:11 AM

I was reading this and had same issue. I used forscan to check the remote start settings and seen under the BdyCM that remote start was disabled. with this setting everytime I used fordpass it would reset the seats and steering wheel to off. I made the change and remote started it 5 times and they stayed at auto. I am going to monitor this in the next few days as it is -20 here and will know if it stays fixed.
post #28 of 62 Old 12-08-2016, 03:30 AM

Thought that was it but Nope. after about 7 starts from app settings went back to off. My wofe has been using the key fob since mid oct no issue so it is a app issue, or how the app starts the car.
post #29 of 62 Old 12-12-2016, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caperf View Post
I was reading this and had same issue. I used forscan to check the remote start settings and seen under the BdyCM that remote start was disabled. with this setting everytime I used fordpass it would reset the seats and steering wheel to off. I made the change and remote started it 5 times and they stayed at auto. I am going to monitor this in the next few days as it is -20 here and will know if it stays fixed.
Could you clarify what this is/what you did? Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 Silver Titanium FWD 2.0 Turbocharged.
post #30 of 62 Old 12-13-2016, 11:56 AM

Remote start inconsistant

Not sure this is the right thread...I'm new here.
My issue is that my 2017 is 6 weeks old, 1200KM. Remote start worked flawlessly until 2 weeks ago when the cold weather hit.
Fordpass app won't communicate with the vehicle once it sits for 3 - 4 hours. If I then insert my key (I've tried both) and either leave it in or remove it, the app will start my car. Kinda useless for cold mornings.
I have gone through a complete reset of the system and re- activation. Same results.
I've been dealing with Fordpass support and they'll get back to me in 3-5 business days which they admit could be easily two weeks. My dealer has no experience at all with Fordpass and it's use. I've been trying to be proactive in helping them troubleshoot.
Also, my settings are on auto and when the remote starts works, the fan is on HI, but seats don't come on. The setting still say Auto.
Anyone else seen or been through this type of issue?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page