16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 131 Old 01-08-2017, 02:26 PM

Garage
I called "customer service" @ FordPass on Friday. The person I spoke with was not aware of the issue and would forward my issue to someone and they would get back in touch with me. I told them I have heard of multiple people with the same issue on forums. He seemed to maybe think that FordPass has it's own setting for climate control when using the App, but they are competing with the Fob settings and cancels them out. I actually think the issue is the removal of the climate controls from the Sync screen, which is new to this model year I believe(I came out of a 2014). Also new this year is the ability to turn on seat heaters and steering wheel. Probably a programming glitch. We will see if they will actually get back to me.

I have been having a compatibility issue with Sync Apps and my iPhone 7, as in they don't work at all(they work with a 5 & 6). I started a case at the end of October and FordIVTeam attached a link to my post about the issue(Question about Sync3/Carplay).

Guess what, I never heard from them. I call 2 weeks later, spoke with someone who said there was a note that they were working on it and someone would get int ouch with me in 24 hours. Guess what? Never heard back from them. I called them on 12/20, again, "sorry, I can't get anyone on the phone, someone will get back to you within 24 hours". Guess what? I actually did hear from someone, in the form of an email. The email sent, was a form email(meaning a message they send to people and just change the greeting to the relevant name". After reading the email it was blatantly obvious the person didn't even read through the transcript of my initial case and just sent off a response cause after close to 2 months, they should send me something.

So, I call back again, and the same "sorry, I can't get anyone on the phone, someone will get back to you within 24 hours". I told her if I don't hear back form someone by the end of business Monday, i will call customer relations cause this is B S(my actual words).

Sorry to vent on here, but this is just irritating. Listen, new technology can be a tricky thing, believe me, I know. I just want someone to say "there is a compatibility issue and we are working on an update". That's all. I'm not suffering because of these issues, but if there is a bump on the road, there is usually a sign that says "BUMP" .

I came out of a 2014 and was the first new car I ever had that i didn't need to take into service for issues, and so far I have the previous issues stated above and something rolling around in my passenger airbag area(which i dread making an appointment for, I will either get "can't reproduce the issue" or have them take apart my dashboard(which I have never had any luck with)) 2017 Escape rattles and fixes

Will post any updates.....SMH

2017 Ford Escape Titanium AWD, Lightning Blue Met, 2.0 EcoBoost, 301A Technology Pkg. Adaptive Cruise Control Pkg., Panoramic Vista Roof, Navigation System, 19" Mach Alum Lus Nic PTD, Panoramic Vista Roof, Roof-Rail Crossbars, Blk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 131 Old 01-09-2017, 12:10 PM

We have had some really cold weather in my area over the last couple of weeks and I have been using the Auto start from the key fobs. I have set it up to start the heated steering wheel, passenger and drivers seats and the usual defrost etc. Everything works as programed except the heated seats, not even a slight warming. Then two days later my wife uses her key fob and no pre heating of the steering wheel or defroster. I checked the settings and the had all been returned to OFF. I was wondering if you have to do the settings for each individual key fob or if once you use the fob that was not used for the initial settings procedure it resets everything to default Off.
We have not used the FordPass app to do a remote start because off all the reports of malfunctions but have used it to check the location of the vehicle and the state of the gas fill.

Corgi
2017 Titanium, Ruby Red.
Canadian Touring package.
201A Equipment Group.
301A Equipment group.
Class 2 Trailer Tow Package.
Build Date 03 June 2016
post #53 of 131 Old 01-10-2017, 06:55 PM

I have the exact same issue. Settings say auto and never change to off but seats don't come on. It's been as cold as -20C the last two weeks and nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 131 Old 01-11-2017, 07:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrysko View Post
I'm having the same issue. Set the heated seats to auto under the remote start settings in the cluster, but when I use Ford Pass to start my car the seats don't come on. When I check the settings again the setting has changed from auto to off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I thought I was going crazy. I always have been setting heated seats to "Auto" parking, and the next time I use the remote start (app), I get in, the seats are cold, check the settings for remote start in the center display, and they're reverted back to "off"....

Super frustrating.
post #55 of 131 Old 01-11-2017, 11:39 AM

Garage
I think I've seen the same problem when going back into settings after using the Ford Pass Android app to start the engine. When I looked at the settings for the passenger seat and steering wheel they were set to "off". After setting them back to "auto" and then using the FOB to start the engine the settings are still set to "auto".

One question I have, I've never had the seats heated or steering wheel heated from the remote start, regardless of whether they were set to "auto". Granted, I live in a warm-to-moderate climate so perhaps that's no surprise but I was in a freezing/snowy area a couple of weeks ago and the remote start didn't heat the steering wheel or passenger seats at any time. How does the Escape decide to turn those features on? Is it based on the temperature and if so, what's the temperature that should turn them on? Is there a way to test them?

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L / 4WD / Sync3 / 301A / Ingot Silver Metallic
post #56 of 131 Old 01-12-2017, 10:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwar9999 View Post
How does the Escape decide to turn those features on? Is it based on the temperature and if so, what's the temperature that should turn them on? Is there a way to test them?
++++1
post #57 of 131 Old 01-12-2017, 09:36 PM

Per the manual it's determined by outside temperature. Doesn't state what the threshold is.

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L AWD - Shadow Black
post #58 of 131 Old 01-13-2017, 09:10 AM

Garage
Remote Start Settings Erasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dski View Post
Per the manual it's determined by outside temperature. Doesn't state what the threshold is.

So half the mystery is solved then (outside temp) but Ford not documenting the threshold (or a way to modify it) seems half-baked.

Anybody have an idea of what the magical temperature threshold is? Anecdotally, from my experience it has to be cold since I was was bundled up and I was still cold but my Escape didn't think that was cold enough to pre-heat the seats or steering wheel.

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L / 4WD / Sync3 / 301A / Ingot Silver Metallic
post #59 of 131 Old 01-13-2017, 10:49 AM

Garage
So here's the half baked response I got to my request for them to investigate:

Thank you for contacting the FordPass team. My name is*Victoria*and I will be happy to assist you with your inquiry!

First and foremost, I am happy to have you in our FordPass community. It is always a pleasure to speak with our members.

I apologize that you are having issues with the climate control settings. I understand how frustrating that can be.*In order to better assist you with your climate control, I would recommend that you take your vehicle back to the dealership for assistance. Our experts in our Customer Relationship Center would be another great resource for you to speak with you having specific questions regarding your issue as well.*
Our Customer Relationship Center can be reached at*800-392-3673, options 1 and 5. Their hours of operation are Mon-Fri 8am-8pm EST and Sat 9am-5:30pm EST.*If you have any additional questions, please contact us.

In addition to email, you may also contact us via the following:

Phone - Tap the Guides icon within the FordPass app and tap Call a Guide

Live Chat - Tap the Guides icon within the FordPass app and tap Chat with a Guide

Website – Our FordPass support site is also a great resource available 24/7 -*https://www.fordpass.com/en_us/support.html

Our business hours are Monday through Sunday, 7:00am to 9:00pm EST.

Thank you for contacting FordPass. We appreciate your inquiry!

Regards,*

Victoria

FordPass Team | Ford*Motor Company"

...... So I say call them at 800-392-3673 force them by numbers of wake up and take a look at it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

xXAvroArrowXX
2017 Ford Escape SE 2.0 FWD
2007 Ford Fusion SEL 2.3 FWD
post #60 of 131 Old 01-13-2017, 04:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwar9999 View Post
So half the mystery is solved then (outside temp) but Ford not documenting the threshold (or a way to modify it) seems half-baked.

Anybody have an idea of what the magical temperature threshold is? Anecdotally, from my experience it has to be cold since I was was bundled up and I was still cold but my Escape didn't think that was cold enough to pre-heat the seats or steering wheel.
It's 32 degrees F (per threads on other Ford forums (F150, Focus, Edge) -- as verified by personal experience).

Here's what I've been able to figure out based on trial and error:
1. If you set the applicable settings to "auto" in the IPC and then remote start with the key fob only (not FordPass), and the outside temp is below 32F, the seat heaters will come on. However, the lights on the seat heater buttons on the dash will NOT illuminate (not sure why). After remote starting, the car has to be running for awhile for you to be able to tell the difference -- an unoccupied seat heats more slowly than an occupied one, due to compression of the padding -- so be sure your remote start time is set to something like 15 minutes not 5.

2. If you remote start with the FordPass app, it may turn on the heated seats if the outside temp is below 32F the first time -- there seems to be no rhyme or reason to whether this will work or not. However, after starting once with the FordPass app, the settings will erase and revert to "off" for the seat heaters for all future remote starts (whether keyfob or FordPass initiated).

3. If equipped with heated steering wheel, and steering wheel heat on remote start is set to "auto" in IPC, heated steering wheel will come on if you start with the key fob regardless of outside temp. Heated steering wheel light on dash button will illuminate to show it's active.

4. If you remote start with the FordPass app, it may turn on the heated steering wheel (regardless of outside temp) the first time -- there seems to be no rhyme or reason to whether this will work or not. However, after starting once with the FordPass app, the settings will erase and revert to "off" for the heated steering wheel, just like the seat heaters.

5. If the car is running from remote start and you press the ignition button to actually turn it on and start driving, any of seat heaters or heated wheel that are on, will turn off when you press ignition button. You will have to turn them all on manually again.

Personally, I've resolved to not start with the FordPass app unless I can't start with the keyfob (due to distance, etc.) and moved my remote start run time up to the maximum.

Good luck!

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L AWD - Ingot Silver
301A Technology Pkg.
Adaptive Cruise Control
Panoramic Vista Roof
Navigation System

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page