20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 143 Old 09-26-2016, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Remote Start Settings Erasing

In MN it will be nice to have remote start, so of course I've turned the heated seats and steering wheel to "Auto".

Problem is, about every second start it turns these settings back to off.
Anyone else seen this? Suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 Silver Titanium FWD 2.0 Turbocharged.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 143 Old 10-13-2016, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Im going to bump this to see if anyone else has been experiencing this now that the weather is cooling off. The dealership has had my Escape all week working to replace the instrument cluster (speedometer sits at 2mph at a standstill) and also working on this remote start thing.

After having the vehicle since monday morning at 7am, and spending the past two days swapping "messages" with Ford HQ, they simply told me "If you let it run a full cycle, its supposed to switch from auto to off." You needed two days to figure that out? By the way...we have never let it run a full remote start cycle. So the troubleshooting continues.

Love my car...but frustrated with my service locally thus far. Everything that has required repair has been a process of them playing message tag with Detroit and every message and reply seems to take a half day plus.

Grr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 143 Old 10-13-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealquixote View Post
Im going to bump this to see if anyone else has been experiencing this now that the weather is cooling off. The dealership has had my Escape all week working to replace the instrument cluster (speedometer sits at 2mph at a standstill) and also working on this remote start thing.

After having the vehicle since monday morning at 7am, and spending the past two days swapping "messages" with Ford HQ, they simply told me "If you let it run a full cycle, its supposed to switch from auto to off." You needed two days to figure that out? By the way...we have never let it run a full remote start cycle. So the troubleshooting continues.

Love my car...but frustrated with my service locally thus far. Everything that has required repair has been a process of them playing message tag with Detroit and every message and reply seems to take a half day plus.

Grr.
What is considered a "full cycle"? Is it remote starting it and then never getting in the vehicle so it turns off on its own because too much time has elapsed?

I thought it was weird that nobody had chimed in for a post from 9/26, usually folks will reply with something, but then I figured that yup, the weather probably had not given the chance to use remote start and heated seats/steering wheel.

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L 4WD - Ingot Silver
Navigation
Panoramic Vista Roof
Class II Trailer Tow Prep
Build Date: May 2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 143 Old 10-13-2016, 09:55 PM

I'm having the same issue. Set the heated seats to auto under the remote start settings in the cluster, but when I use Ford Pass to start my car the seats don't come on. When I check the settings again the setting has changed from auto to off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 143 Old 10-14-2016, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesFan View Post
What is considered a "full cycle"? Is it remote starting it and then never getting in the vehicle so it turns off on its own because too much time has elapsed?

I thought it was weird that nobody had chimed in for a post from 9/26, usually folks will reply with something, but then I figured that yup, the weather probably had not given the chance to use remote start and heated seats/steering wheel.
Im guessing a full cycle is run auto start until the 15min is up (or whatever you have it set to). Ive never let it run a full cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrysko View Post
I'm having the same issue. Set the heated seats to auto under the remote start settings in the cluster, but when I use Ford Pass to start my car the seats don't come on. When I check the settings again the setting has changed from auto to off.

Ill let you know if I get resolution. Its frustrating, as Im getting the impression they literally have no idea whats wrong. Id love to not make a big deal out of it...but I paid for it, and in MN with the vehicle being parked outside, having warmed up seats and steering wheel is a really nice feature.

post #6 of 143 Old 10-14-2016, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Heard back from the dealership today. They had to order some "module" to fix the issue. So far (in less than a thousand miles) theyve had to replace a fuel control unit, an instrument cluster, and a "module".

As a "new" car owner, should this be considered an issue, or is this typical "growing pains."

post #7 of 143 Old 10-14-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Heard back from the dealership today. They had to order some "module" to fix the issue. So far (in less than a thousand miles) theyve had to replace a fuel control unit, an instrument cluster, and a "module".

As a "new" car owner, should this be considered an issue, or is this typical "growing pains."
Could be growing pains because of so many new things on 2017 models, not a complete overhaul from previous years but from what I've heard it is quite a few things. Hopefully there aren't many more issues coming up on your FE. I like to hear about these things so I can look out for them and have them taken care of before the warranty expires if needed. Unless something is really standing out and bothering me, I usually just brush it off as a minor nuisance. I'm not sure if I've been lucky enough to not have any major issues or I just haven't noticed because my driving time is usually short and not enough time to find issues.

I've only ever had a brand new car once, a Honda Civic before getting this vehicle and I only had one issue with it that was repaired under warranty.
Jay Bob Barrett likes this.

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L 4WD - Ingot Silver
Navigation
Panoramic Vista Roof
Class II Trailer Tow Prep
Build Date: May 2016
post #8 of 143 Old 10-14-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:

If you hear back on what the part is please let me know so I can follow up with my dealer.

Thanks!

post #9 of 143 Old 10-15-2016, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrysko View Post
If you hear back on what the part is please let me know so I can follow up with my dealer.

Thanks!

Ill get you an answer today. They told me...I just couldnt remember. Apologies.

post #10 of 143 Old 10-15-2016, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

"Body Control Module."

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page