1Likes
  • 1 Post By gwar9999

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 01-08-2017, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Bluetooth problem when receiving or making a call (volume)

Hi,
We just bought a Titanium 2013 and when we are making a call or receiving a call and we want to raise the volume, it's not working and when we hit the volume up or down button it's making like mute button I can't ear the caller and the caller can't ear me... I can't do anything I need to hang up and call again but when the person is speaking the volume is very low I can't hear them.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-08-2017, 02:01 PM

Welcome to the forum ! And congrats on your 'new to you' Escape !

A bit more info might help someone hone-in on help for your situation ....

Just to confirm - your '13 Titanium has the 8" My Ford Touch screen with Sony sound system, is that correct?

What SYNC software update version is installed?

Exactly what phone brand/model are you using?

Have you had a chance to check this with a totally different phone to see if it has the same issue?

When you try to adjust the volume .... is that done while the other party is speaking using the steering wheel volume control, or if not, exactly how are you trying to increase the volume?

Have you tried increasing the volume using the dashboard main volume knob while the other party is speaking?

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Line Massicotte View Post
Hi,

We just bought a Titanium 2013 and when we are making a call or receiving a call and we want to raise the volume, it's not working and when we hit the volume up or down button it's making like mute button I can't ear the caller and the caller can't ear me... I can't do anything I need to hang up and call again but when the person is speaking the volume is very low I can't hear them.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. After trying @centex suggestions, if you are still experiencing a problem, try searching the forum. There is information here on that question.

2014 Ruby Red Titanium 2.0 AWD
401A, Technology, Sony w/nav, 19" Wheels, Tonneau cover

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Anytime that the SYNC voice is talking or when your have your bluetooth connection volume on your phone / listening device turned all the way up, then try the volume controls on the SYNC, when you are connected too the Bluetooth and utilizing it, its using a separate volume system, then the radio.

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

post #5 of 7 Old 01-09-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Hi,
Thanks
Hi Capitaine Line Massicotte,

Congrats on the Escape! As centex stated, knowing more details about your vehicle will help with troubleshooting. Which system do you have: owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/setup/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html Let me know, and I'll assist.

Shaay

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t:

f:

post #6 of 7 Old 01-10-2017, 03:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hi,
Thanks
this happens to me sometimes. i have to turn the volume on my phone (samsung galaxy s7 edge) ALL the way up, i need to do that with music volume too sometimes. try that.

2013 FE Tuxedo Black 2.0 EB
Navigation, Panoramic roof, Power liftgate
post #7 of 7 Old 01-11-2017, 02:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Reuss View Post
this happens to me sometimes. i have to turn the volume on my phone (samsung galaxy s7 edge) ALL the way up, i need to do that with music volume too sometimes. try that.
That's why I use the Tasker app (https://tasker.dinglisch.net/). When my phone connects to the car's bluetooth it automatically sets the phone's volume levels accordingly. Beyond that Tasker can do a ton of other things and can be a bit overwhelming to program but you can find lots of samples online.
Jim Reuss likes this.

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L / 4WD / Sync3 / 301A / Ingot Silver Metallic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page