LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-09-2017, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Heated Mirror Fuse

Anyone would know the fuse # and location for the heated mirrors (if there is one), both my mirrors are not warming up and I did double check the wire connections behind the mirror and the manual for the diagram, but can't seem to locate it.
Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-09-2017, 01:03 PM

Best I can tell from the wiring diagrams is Rear Junction Box F4 (passenger) and F5 (driver). Both 25A, both the fuse for the respective "Door Modules" and both protecting the mirror motors as well as the mirror heaters.

In the workshop manual wiring diagrams (under "Power Mirrors" in the table of contents) I'm looking at cells 124-2 and 124-4 for the driver side; 124-3 and 124-5 for the passenger side.

Hope that helps.

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
post #3 of 4 Old 01-09-2017, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Thanks I will look into it, the Blind spot works, the motor to move the mirrors work, just the heating is none existent

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

post #4 of 4 Old 01-09-2017, 06:35 PM

Well, with that combination of what's working vs not, makes me wonder if there's something whacky in the BCM that's not causing/letting it send the heat function canbus signal to the door modules when it should. Especially since it's the same on both sides, and I'm inferring from your post both failed at the same time.

IIRC on mine the mirror heat is coupled to the rear window heat, or some other HVAC logic control. Pretty sure I don't have a separate mirror heat switch. If that's the case and your rear window heat is working IMHO not likely a switch-to-BCM issue.

I'd be tempted to try my olde favorite .... 'negative battery cable-disconnect, all-module reset' just to see if that jars things back to normal.

Hope you get it figured out, keep us posted.

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page