2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 45 Old 05-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1ss1ngFL View Post
I too bought the OEM and I'm really upset that the engine shuts off when you open the door. It seems like this would put a bit of a strain on the starter to use it twice every morning for the 6 months of cold I get up here each year. You'd think that is something the dealership would mention since they had me test drive one with the push button start that stayed on after using the remote start. Maybe some smart guy out there will find a fix for this (hint hint).
I'm lost what do you mean the car shuts off when u open the door. I have never heard that or encountered that one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 45 Old 05-26-2013, 11:49 AM

It's a "safety feature" the dealership told me AFTER they installed it. Literally once you open any door or the rear hatch while the remote start is engaged, the engine shuts off. I've never seen anything like that before and it really makes me want to put in an aftermarket one that wont shut off.
post #13 of 45 Old 05-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1ss1ngFL View Post
It's a "safety feature" the dealership told me AFTER they installed it. Literally once you open any door or the rear hatch while the remote start is engaged, the engine shuts off. I've never seen anything like that before and it really makes me want to put in an aftermarket one that wont shut off.

Wow, I have never heard that and want to call it Fluff. the safety feature is that if you step on the gas pedal or something like that the vehicle shuts off, to prevent someone trying to drive off with that... It sounds like snakes oil. If you can I would get something in writing/ even a manual that states that one. My Remote start is factory, and I can do and get in and out of the vehicle while its running (Rem St) then when I am ready hit the brake pedal and ignition, and good to go.

post #14 of 45 Old 05-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoFo2013Newbe View Post
I bought the OEM because I thought it'd be better. The range is horrible and it shuts off when the door is opened which is stupid so I'm continually starting the car twice. If I had it to do over again I'd by the Viper. Had it on my last car. You can get a model with an alarm included for only a little more than the OEM (with no alarm), range was 4 times better and the car stays running when door is opened. The safety feature kills the motor only if the brake pedal is pressed without the key being turned. So you can get in the car, put the key in & turn it. Then put your foot on the break and no restart is needed.

I get about 300' with my OEM, with the Viper I did get further distance, but I had to have an antenna added to the loop to give me 500' distance.

post #15 of 45 Old 05-28-2013, 08:27 PM

I never heard of it either, just the gas pedal shut off. I'm going to email Ford's customer support to see what's going on.
post #16 of 45 Old 05-30-2013, 10:32 PM

Contacted Ford Customer Support yesterday. The person I talked to seemed suprised that the Ford remote start (without push button start) shuts off when any door/hatch is opened. After a while of researching and calling other departments, it was found that the Ford aftermarket remote start system WILL SHUT OFF when any door/hatch is opened. So it looks like I'll be getting a Viper to replace the Ford system, I'd rather do that now than replace a starter in the middle of the winter. Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they're thinking of getting one.
post #17 of 45 Old 06-04-2013, 07:55 AM

Going to be interesting to see how installer is going to over ride oem starter system.

Viper has a system that connects to your iPhone or Android now
post #18 of 45 Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnlauzon View Post
Going to be interesting to see how installer is going to over ride oem starter system.

Viper has a system that connects to your iPhone or Android now
Yes, its been out for a while, be aware of the monthly charge associated to it.

post #19 of 45 Old 07-26-2013, 11:30 AM

For the cost of the Ford system, you can get the delphi/verizon gadget that is awesome, I'm seriously thinking of getting it. You can do remote start, tracking, diagnostics, etc. from your smartphone. It has a monthly fee though, which sucks.

Vehicle Diagnostics By Delphi | Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless

Edit: it looks like factory remote start is required for it to work anyway. oh well.
post #20 of 45 Old 07-26-2013, 01:13 PM

most of these kind of services have monthly fees. It's how they make money.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page