2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Best remote starter for SE?

118K views 44 replies 22 participants last post by  Stockman 
#1 ·
Hello guys any opinion about installing a remote starter for our new ford escape? Idont know if its a good idea to buy an aftermarket remote starter or i'll just go at the dealership,What is your advice? The thing that i dont like oem remotes are the range is only around 200-400 meters, ineed a wider range thats why i kind a think of buying an aftermarket remote like viper.

#39 ·
I had a after market Compustar PRO 1-WAY G7 installed by Ziebart and it works fine. 15 min run time just go out unlock door and put key in. Starts 700 ft while inside office. Designed to operate up to 3000 feet line of sight. PRO 1-WAY G7 | RF-P1WG7-SP | Remote Starters

#40 ·
I too have the Viper Alarm and remote starter. It is great. First there was an issue but then the installer changed the electrical unit that talks to the car. It was not always locking the door with the other unit. After they put in a different type it worked great.

#41 ·
Reactions: grayescape
#44 ·
just installed a remote starter for my 2015 ford escape se. I installed fortin evo fort 1, it has t-harness included for easy wiring and also installed crimestopper rs7-g5 remote starter. With fortin evo fort 1 you can start / stop your vehicle using your oem key by pressing the lock button 3x. With rs7-g5 your remote starting range is good up to 3000 ft but i havent tried that yet so far it's good when your inside the mall or building. It has 1 two way remote (rechargeable ) and 1 companion 1 way remote. So far i'm happy with this setup my next plan was to install a module for smart start so i can start it using my iphone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.