2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 45 Old 02-20-2015, 08:10 AM

Garage
This is the one we have and its amazing. It will start the car from 1/4 mile away from around a building and in a parking garage. And it lets you KNOW its started and running. Plus its Ford OEM so its covered under warranty unlike an aftermarket system where ford will not warranty any electrical issues unless you remove the aftermarket remote start

Remote Start System - Bi-Directional, Without Push Button Start | The Official Site for Ford Accessories
grayescape likes this.

--------------
2014 SE AWD
build date 8/6/14
sunset metallic
equipment group 201A
2.0 ecoboost
power liftgate
panoramic vista roof
MyFord touch
SE chrome package (Rare)
Ford remote start
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 Old 08-23-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotattitude View Post
If you go the aftermarket just make sure you don't need another key, to put in the brain of the remote starter. But going OEM, most likely its always a safer install Since Aftermarkets are universal, where the OEM, there is usually harnesses and setups built into the car for future installs.

Remote Start System - Bi-Directional, Without Push Button Start | The Official Site for Ford Custom Accessories
The attached link...is that recommended option for a ford escape SE remote starter?
post #43 of 45 Old 08-24-2015, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemarco View Post
The attached link...is that recommended option for a ford escape SE remote starter?
It is what I found it too be, the thing you gotta check before they go with the install is that they program it so that when you hit the brake it shuts the vehicle off, instead of the default which is opening the door. Now having the dealer install this should also keep your warranty intact. Going aftermarket, is not necessarily a warranty voider, but the advisor/technician will blame the issue on that before anything else. So thats just a FYI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #44 of 45 Old 01-07-2016, 11:12 AM
nsm

just installed a remote starter for my 2015 ford escape se. I installed fortin evo fort 1, it has t-harness included for easy wiring and also installed crimestopper rs7-g5 remote starter. With fortin evo fort 1 you can start / stop your vehicle using your oem key by pressing the lock button 3x. With rs7-g5 your remote starting range is good up to 3000 ft but i havent tried that yet so far it's good when your inside the mall or building. It has 1 two way remote (rechargeable ) and 1 companion 1 way remote. So far i'm happy with this setup my next plan was to install a module for smart start so i can start it using my iphone.

2015 ford escape SE
201A upgrade
post #45 of 45 Old 01-08-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsm View Post
just installed a remote starter for my 2015 ford escape se. I installed fortin evo fort 1, it has t-harness included for easy wiring and also installed crimestopper rs7-g5 remote starter. With fortin evo fort 1 you can start / stop your vehicle using your oem key by pressing the lock button 3x. With rs7-g5 your remote starting range is good up to 3000 ft but i havent tried that yet so far it's good when your inside the mall or building. It has 1 two way remote (rechargeable ) and 1 companion 1 way remote. So far i'm happy with this setup my next plan was to install a module for smart start so i can start it using my iphone.
NSM, do you have the push start button or key ignition? I have been looking at remote starters and love the idea of just hitting my the oem button on my key instead of using a remote.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page