9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 68 Old 05-21-2013, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Angry Engine Overheating

I just bought a 2013 Escape SE with the 1.6 eco-boost engine. 5,000 miles and the engine overheated and shut down. I had to have the car towed. Ford had a voluntary recall on these engines and corrected it with a software update. My car supposedly had this update however it is doing the very thing the recall was supposed to correct. It is overheating at the dealer and they can't find the problem??? Ford's hotline is having them jump through hoops trying different scenarios, but still not fixed.
Anyone having this problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 Old 05-21-2013, 12:26 PM

Very odd - sounds like the "fix" on the software that was causing the overheating may not have been done properly? I do not believe I have seen anyone else on here complaining of this happening.
post #3 of 68 Old 05-22-2013, 11:48 AM

Overheating issues with a vehicle can be seen as a safety issue as well since in some cases it can escalate quickly into a fire, would be rare on a new car though.

If your Ford dealer says they can't find the problem, they better buy back your vehicle, give you another Escape or something.

Maybe you can start with contacting the NHTSA Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) maybe then ford will take serious action
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 68 Old 05-28-2013, 01:44 PM

What did the dealer say about your vehicle? I had the exact same thing happen to me just 4 days ago.
post #5 of 68 Old 05-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Just checking if anyone has a performance filter? Like the K & N?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 68 Old 05-28-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotattitude View Post
Just checking if anyone has a performance filter? Like the K & N?
Nope. The computer will just adjust for the increased airflow, so there's really no upside, just higher costs.
post #7 of 68 Old 05-29-2013, 10:33 AM

Hopefully they find a fix. If not. I'd demand for Ford to replace the engine or buyback the car.
post #8 of 68 Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnlauzon View Post
Hopefully they find a fix. If not. I'd demand for Ford to replace the engine or buyback the car.
Buy back is definitely the way to go, I would hate to own some car that had a ton of work done to it. Better off getting something brand new that's issue free.
post #9 of 68 Old 06-09-2013, 12:44 PM

If the engine was indeed overheated . I would be concerned as to what damage that did it do?. warped head?, future head gasket blowing?. Did they pressure check your coolant system/ A closed system should not overheat unless there is a leak, either external or internal. Oh lordy, these dealers I here about including mine a horrid. I have a different problem , But If I had yours ? Id have to pressure check that engine.

good luck

rudy
post #10 of 68 Old 06-10-2013, 06:10 AM

Aren't all the Escape motors closed cooling systems?

According to the poster there was a recall on the overheating issue? I haven't seen one before though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page