4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 04-20-2014, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Engine / Battery dead

I bought my Ford Escape back in January. Middle to end of February I went to go to work and it would not starts. Called road side service they cane out and everything good. It happened a week later. Took vehicle to dealership. They don't know why but they replaced battery. First the battery could have been old...blah blah. End of March came and again my vehicle would not start. Took to dealership and once again can't figure it out. I was ask how far do I drive to work? Do I part in a garage? When they started my SUV it started right up. Battery has a full charge. We today went to go get breakfast and won't start again. I just don't understand why my SUV keeps doing this. Any suggestions? When I call the dealership tomorrow this will be the 3rd time. I hate the feeling of getting in my brand new vehicle and wonder if it will start or not.. It is a 2014 Ford Escape SE Eco-Boost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 04-20-2014, 11:30 AM

Bad electrical connections are the most likely culprit.
Loose ground wire, loose plug, damaged wiring.
Possibly, but not likely, a defective module or other component.

Intermittent electrical problems are a "devil" to locate, but easy to fix.
post #3 of 34 Old 04-20-2014, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for your quick reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 04-21-2014, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

I called the dealership to advise that my battery died again. They keep saying that I don't driver far enough one way to work. I ask then why didn't the sales person tell me this? I was advise that they don't know all the specs...blah b;ah. My opinion if they are in sales they should know what they are saling. Pls advise cause I am getting real tired of this.
post #5 of 34 Old 04-21-2014, 12:16 PM

That's **. The battery is being drained from something in the car, which isn't right. I've let our 13 FE sit for a week and the battery didn't die. Also the Alt recharges it to a point but only to a point. If your battery is getting weak from the initial start and then quickly needs a full charge, there's a deeper issue with the electrical of the car.

2013 Escape SEL 2.0....212fwhp/236fwtq
2003 Cobra-Garage queen
2003 Lightning-GT500 TVS powered
2005 Expedition XLT-DD
post #6 of 34 Old 04-21-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitricobra View Post
That's **. The battery is being drained from something in the car, which isn't right. I've let our 13 FE sit for a week and the battery didn't die. Also the Alt recharges it to a point but only to a point. If your battery is getting weak from the initial start and then quickly needs a full charge, there's a deeper issue with the electrical of the car.
X2

something is loose in the charging system or a body control relay is sticking on.

but one thing that happens often and is owner caused is the interior lamp being left on over night , check and make sure all your lamps are off before walking away from the car
post #7 of 34 Old 04-21-2014, 05:51 PM

Garage
DWhitten have you noticed after the battery dies and you get a jump if the headlights/taillights/parking lights pulse until the battery is finally charged.. if I have a drain on my battery example having the doors open for a few hours detailing the car, etc the lights will pulse on mine until the battery is charged.. one person cant remember who had the same issue but the battery terminals were lose on the battery and they haven't had the problem since they were tightened.
I haven't had another weekend where I can dig to the battery and double check the clamps yet or have an opportunity to drain the battery again to see if it happens still.. Dealer says they can't find anything and have replaced the battery at 4k I have 14k miles on it now.

2016 Deep Impact Blue Titanium Escape
301a, panoramic roof, navigation, 2.0
Build Date: 09-07-2015

2013 White Escape SE 2.0 Eco
Tow PKG
Power Lift-gate
Panoramic Moonroof
Build Date 6/29/2012
post #8 of 34 Old 04-22-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitten View Post
... When I call the dealership tomorrow this will be the 3rd time. I hate the feeling of getting in my brand new vehicle and wonder if it will start or not.. It is a 2014 Ford Escape SE Eco-Boost
DWhitten,

Let me see how I can help. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info.

Ashley

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

f:

post #9 of 34 Old 04-22-2014, 11:59 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitten View Post
I bought my Ford Escape back in January. Middle to end of February I went to go to work and it would not starts. Called road side service they cane out and everything good. It happened a week later. Took vehicle to dealership. They don't know why but they replaced battery. First the battery could have been old...blah blah. End of March came and again my vehicle would not start. Took to dealership and once again can't figure it out. I was ask how far do I drive to work? Do I part in a garage? When they started my SUV it started right up. Battery has a full charge. We today went to go get breakfast and won't start again. I just don't understand why my SUV keeps doing this. Any suggestions? When I call the dealership tomorrow this will be the 3rd time. I hate the feeling of getting in my brand new vehicle and wonder if it will start or not.. It is a 2014 Ford Escape SE Eco-Boost
There is a TSB for an issue with the sunroof/sunshade motors as they constantly drain the battery ( causes an issue if the vehicle sits for a while or driven short distances only ) If you have the pano roof, bring this up with the dealer. I do not have the specific TSB on this machine.
post #10 of 34 Old 04-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by td2013 View Post
There is a TSB for an issue with the sunroof/sunshade motors as they constantly drain the battery ( causes an issue if the vehicle sits for a while or driven short distances only ) If you have the pano roof, bring this up with the dealer. I do not have the specific TSB on this machine.
Believe it to be tsb13-03-04
td2013 likes this.

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page