46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 133 Old 12-31-2012, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

regular or premium fuel

Can some one please let me know if they are getting better miliage with either fuel i have 2000 miles now and i am getting better miliage but not sure which fuel is better thanks i know it can run fine on regular thanks happy new year to everyone 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 133 Old 01-04-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Ford 2.0 SE Rubyred View Post
Can some one please let me know if they are getting better miliage with either fuel i have 2000 miles now and i am getting better miliage but not sure which fuel is better thanks i know it can run fine on regular thanks happy new year to everyone 2013
It's been proven that running higher octane fuel than required on a stock car in most cases doesn't improve performance, gas mileage, engine life, etc.

I haven't seen or heard of a case where someone has actually seen improvements from using higher than recommended octane fuel in a stock car.

You can try it if you want too, all you'll be doing is wasting money on paying for that higher octane gas.

I hope this was of some help.
itsmejs and Rocko1 like this.
post #3 of 133 Old 01-04-2013, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeFan View Post
It's been proven that running higher octane fuel than required on a stock car in most cases doesn't improve performance, gas mileage, engine life, etc.

I haven't seen or heard of a case where someone has actually seen improvements from using higher than recommended octane fuel in a stock car.

You can try it if you want too, all you'll be doing is wasting money on paying for that higher octane gas.

thats what i thought thanks my friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 133 Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeFan View Post

discovered this a while ago, looking back at all the times i put 91 and 94 into my car that required 87 .....a lot of money was wasted lol
post #5 of 133 Old 01-07-2013, 08:20 PM

In the owners manual on page 141 it says that with the ecoboost engines, premium fuel provides improved performance. Further it says premium is recommended for server duty like trailer towing. Also, in the Escape review(posted in one of this websites forums) it says: "It’s important to note that if you decide to feed your Ecoboost engine regular unleaded, you’ll experience about a 10HP power drop vs Premium". With that said, premium fuel improved performance = improved gas mileage (with all else being equal). So is the extra $$ worth the improved mileage under normal non severe conditions, I don't know?? But if I buy a boat and tow it over the cascade mountains on a hot summer day, it will be with premium in it.
post #6 of 133 Old 02-18-2013, 12:11 AM

Higher octane fuel DOES = better MPG

I have a new 2013 Escape SE with 1000 miles and I've filled it with both regular and premium gas. While my escape is not broken in yet the difference between the 2 octanes was real.

At 65 MPH I got 28 MPG with regular gas and 31 MPG with premium. The difference in the cost of the fill up between the two grades was offset by the difference in fuel economy. 36 more miles out of a tank of premium and the fill up cost about 30 cents more per gallon or $3.60.
post #7 of 133 Old 02-19-2013, 01:04 PM

Thinking of the Titanium, but I have a bit of a problem handing over $35K for a Ford that must have premium fed to it in order to properly/appropriately utilize the performance engineered into the drivetrain. Before doing that I think I would have to consider the Acura RDX for about $4K more - requires premium, but has finer interior appointments. So, I'm going to have to research the fuel requirement issue more closely. Really like the Escape, but . . .
post #8 of 133 Old 03-06-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_mac View Post
In the owners manual on page 141 it says that with the ecoboost engines, premium fuel provides improved performance. Further it says premium is recommended for server duty like trailer towing. Also, in the Escape review(posted in one of this websites forums) it says: "Itís important to note that if you decide to feed your Ecoboost engine regular unleaded, youíll experience about a 10HP power drop vs Premium". With that said, premium fuel improved performance = improved gas mileage (with all else being equal). So is the extra $$ worth the improved mileage under normal non severe conditions, I don't know?? But if I buy a boat and tow it over the cascade mountains on a hot summer day, it will be with premium in it.
finally someone with accurate information.
with the ecoboost engines, premium fuel provides improved performance

"Itís important to note that if you decide to feed your Ecoboost engine regular unleaded, youíll experience about a 10HP power drop vs Premium". With that said, premium fuel improved performance = improved gas mileage

The Escape has the luxury of being able to accept both. The computer will recognize regular gas and adjust coordinately to eliminate damage to the engine. If you plan to put the Escape under work and lugging around lots of people and stuff I'd put in premium gas. It can take regular if you are on a budget or just want to get to work and back.
post #9 of 133 Old 03-09-2013, 06:26 PM

Garage
i am getting 25mpg on the way to work , on the open road 30/32 with reg. we have 1600mls on her
post #10 of 133 Old 03-09-2013, 07:31 PM

I tried Premium for few tanks and didn't make any difference.

Thanks
Dgulia

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page