63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 145 Old 11-18-2016, 12:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS View Post
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/A-T-...08.8.25.DfBHvY

Is there a difference in the splash plate between the 1.6 L and the 2.0l L (2013-15)engine which requires a different splash plate?

Help would be welcome.

HKS

I heard that it fits both the 1.6 as well as the 2 liter. I have the 2 liter and I really like mine. I have changed the oil twice now and it awesome just to remove an access panel instead of the entire splash shield. Although I really don't have first hand experience about removing the entire shield since my Escape Titanium 4WD came without the stock splash guard since it most likely failed on the first owner after 2 years since I bought mine used.

2013 "Ginger-ale" Ford Escape 2.0 liter Titanium AWD with the 19 inch wheels. and Navigation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 145 Old 11-25-2016, 07:27 PM

How do the access panels work on the replacement pannels... are there twist screws to gain access???? I cant imagine having to pull off the entire panel to change oil.... My honda accord had a hole in it for the filter and the screw.

1bryon1

FIRST TIME FORD,
FIRST TIME ESCAPE,
2013 SE (BLUE)
post #143 of 145 Old 11-27-2016, 01:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bryon1 View Post
How do the access panels work on the replacement pannels... are there twist screws to gain access???? I cant imagine having to pull off the entire panel to change oil.... My honda accord had a hole in it for the filter and the screw.

1bryon1

Nice twist knobs on all four corners that click reassuringly when panel is locked into place. I have changed my oil twice since getting the aftermarket 1/4 inch thick ABS plastic Jinke shield and it so much nicer than the stock shield, which tears easily and is known to soak up water. At $169.00 it is cheaper than the OEM one which costs $200 and it is ruggedly made and it will most likely last for the entire life of your Escape.

2013 "Ginger-ale" Ford Escape 2.0 liter Titanium AWD with the 19 inch wheels. and Navigation.

post #144 of 145 Old 12-05-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamatrails View Post
Finished reading all 14 pages, and have a couple of observations.

1) It is easy to change an oil filter without leaking oil all over. After you loosen it just enough so you don't need the end/strap wrench, slide a plastic bag over the filter. I use the twist-tie gallon plastic bags that we had before ziplocks for food storage. They are smaller than the Wal*Mart bag the filter came home in. Slide it up from the bottom and over the top, adjusting it every half turn or so, turning the bag and filter by hand. Any spillage and the oily filter are contained.
I learned to do the same thing with my Evo X oil changes when i first got it back in '08 and have transferred the trick over to my new escape. thanks for sharing with the community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustoGuy View Post
Nice twist knobs on all four corners that click reassuringly when panel is locked into place. I have changed my oil twice since getting the aftermarket 1/4 inch thick ABS plastic Jinke shield and it so much nicer than the stock shield, which tears easily and is known to soak up water. At $169.00 it is cheaper than the OEM one which costs $200 and it is ruggedly made and it will most likely last for the entire life of your Escape.
Thanks for sharing I picked up mine and am waiting for the next oil change before swapping it in. I also picked up an EZ-Drain valve ( love it on my evo) and the adapter so it can be installed properly (the oem plug seems to be recessed so the adapter pushes the EZ Drain out where it needs to be)
post #145 of 145 Old 12-07-2016, 02:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover2fanz View Post
I learned to do the same thing with my Evo X oil changes when i first got it back in '08 and have transferred the trick over to my new escape. thanks for sharing with the community!

Thanks for sharing I picked up mine and am waiting for the next oil change before swapping it in. I also picked up an EZ-Drain valve ( love it on my evo) and the adapter so it can be installed properly (the oem plug seems to be recessed so the adapter pushes the EZ Drain out where it needs to be)

Does your shield come with twist knobs or push pins which hold the access panals on?. My shield which I ordered just over a year ago has the twist knobs. Others here have said that they are now being made with push pins which hold the access panals on.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page