Here's a step by step for beginners. I recommend working with a warm engine to get the particles suspended in the oil and to let the oil flow freely.
1. Put the car up on either ramps or jack stands in the front. NEVER work under a car supported only by a jack. Set the emergency brake.
2. The shield under the car is removed by removing seven torx bolts and two 7mm bolts. Start from the back. The shield has a couple of tabs towards the back that will hold it in place until you get to the front. When you get the last bolt out, slide the shield forward to release it from the tabs. Put it aside.
3. Open the hood and remove the oil filler cap.
4. Place a pan or bucket under the oil drain plug. Remove the 15mm oil drain plug. Loosen it with a wrench and then remove it by hand. I recommend wearing latex gloves.
5. The oil filter is readily accessible. Place a small pan under the filter. Remove it either with an oil filter wrench or a strap.
6. Let all the oil drain out for a few minutes. While it is draining, coat the rubber gasket on the filter with new oil. Then spin the new filter on being careful not to over tighten. I like those Purolater Gold filters because they have a rough coating on them that makes it easy to hand tighten. I give it a little extra tug with the strap but not too much! Some folks recommend filling the filter with new oil before putting it on.
7. When the oil stops draining, clean off the drain plug with a rag and put it back in. Tighten it up.
8. Put in about 5-1/2 quarts of new oil. I used 5w-30w full synthetic.
9. Start the engine while it is on the ramps and look for drips. Turn off the engine.
10. Put the shield back on by sliding it over the tabs in back and start in the front replacing the torx bolts. Replace all the bolts.
11. Start the car and back it off the ramps.
12. Finish filling the new oil until the dipstick measures just below the max mark. It will take 5.7 quarts, or as one person noted it may take closer to 6.
13. Reset the oil life indicator by turning the ignition on but do not start the engine. Press the brake pedal and accelerator pedal fully to the floor. In three seconds the oil life reset notice will appear in your info screen. Keep both pedals fully pressed for about 25 seconds (I know this seems counter intuitive but you will not flood the engine) until the screen says the reset is complete. Turn off the ignition.
14. Light a cigar and admire your work!
It is illegal to dump your oil on your own, so take it to Advance Auto or some other recycler in gallon jugs or whatever.