10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 56 Old 09-10-2014, 12:52 AM

I agree with your interpretation of CAMVAP. I don't want to go in that direction. I have tried to deal with Ford Customer Service on two occasions and they keep directing me back to the dealer. I cannot deal with the dealership anymore and will be looking at other options. I wanted to share my experience because i have read about a lot of the same problems and i think that Ford knows that early builds have problems but don't or won"t do anything unless their forced to because it may effect sales of one of their most popular models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 56 Old 09-10-2014, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy48 View Post
...... I have tried to deal with Ford Customer Service on two occasions and they keep directing me back to the dealer. I cannot deal with the dealership anymore and will be looking at other options. ......
If you haven't tried I'd still encourage you to contact the forum Ford Rep. Yes they'll probably direct you back to the dealer but from reading other posts where they've gotten involved it seems their involvement often helps, somehow inciting better customer service at the local level.

Maybe due to 'HQ level' involvement, maybe due to them advising of your 'airing' on a public forum, maybe it won't help at all; but at this point it really sounds like you need 'corporate' to provide some impetus to the folks you must interface with at the local/regional level.

Paraphrasing you: maybe view it as another step toward 'forcing' Ford to action.

Anyway, good luck.
bjeans likes this.

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 56 Old 09-10-2014, 01:56 AM

Quote:
I agree with your interpretation of CAMVAP. I don't want to go in that direction. I have tried to deal with Ford Customer Service on two occasions and they keep directing me back to the dealer. I cannot deal with the dealership anymore and will be looking at other options. I wanted to share my experience because i have read about a lot of the same problems and i think that Ford knows that early builds have problems but don't or won"t do anything unless their forced to because it may effect sales of one of their most popular models.
I can totally relate. All Ford Service has done for me to date is tell me to take it to the dealer. I'm choosing the problems I want to battle with Ford over right now. I also have the hesitation problem that the dealer can't duplicate which is lower on my list while I try to get another problem resolved. Good luck and please let me know if you figure out what the secret is to having Ford address the problems on their customer's vehicles.

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD Build 8/27/2013
Pros
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Front Seat Comfort & Fun to Drive
Cons

Horrible Reliability
post #14 of 56 Old 09-11-2014, 12:15 PM

I have a new 2014 Escape with 9,000 miles on it. While driving down the freeway at 70MPH, the engine stalled and I struggled to get the car off the road before being hit from behind. Dropped the car off at Gullo Ford in Conroe, TX on Monday. They are saying they can't duplicate the problem and that there is no fix for it until it stalls out again. They couldn't do anything to repair it because I did not bring them a picture of "which lights were on when the car stalled". I am scared that it will happen again with disastrous results. I asked Adam, the service rep, if he had performed the service order reflected in this string. He basically ignored me and said the service guys know all about everything on the forums. He said the stalling problems are only happening with Explorers, which I know is not true -- at least in this case. Is it possible for someone who is monitoring this forum to contact the dealer directly to try to communicate what this issue really is? And to get the problem repaired? Help!! Thanks.... SB
post #15 of 56 Old 09-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB782752 View Post
I have a new 2014 Escape with 9,000 miles on it. While driving down the freeway at 70MPH, the engine stalled and I struggled to get the car off the road before being hit from behind. Dropped the car off at Gullo Ford in Conroe, TX on Monday. They are saying they can't duplicate the problem and that there is no fix for it until it stalls out again. They couldn't do anything to repair it because I did not bring them a picture of "which lights were on when the car stalled". I am scared that it will happen again with disastrous results. I asked Adam, the service rep, if he had performed the service order reflected in this string. He basically ignored me and said the service guys know all about everything on the forums. He said the stalling problems are only happening with Explorers, which I know is not true -- at least in this case. Is it possible for someone who is monitoring this forum to contact the dealer directly to try to communicate what this issue really is? And to get the problem repaired? Help!! Thanks.... SB
With a response like that from an adviser, I'd head right to the service manager. No excuse when your safety is at stake.

While Ford doesn't own this forum, Ford representatives are assigned to it. Tricia is the U.S. customer service rep and if you send a PM (private message) to her at FordService (no space) with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, dealer info, and complete description of the problem, she can step in to assist you. She'll also see this post. Let us know how this turns out, SB.

2013 Ford Escape, 2.0 Titanium, 4WD, Frosted Glass - build date 4/16/13
2003 Subaru Forester
1999 Subaru Forester
and more
post #16 of 56 Old 09-15-2014, 12:29 PM

I have had this issue for about 2 months now. I tried for 2 weeks to get an appointment at the dealership, but they were "swamped". When I finally as able to get it in, they kept for 4 days and were unable to recreate the issue. I was told over and over, without codes there was nothing they could do. I called back after every subsequent stall issue to describe everything that happened and was told "Be careful" when I said that it stalls/stops in traffic and I don't feel safe.

Despite being a very nice gentleman, he's been of no help and the car isn't safe!!
post #17 of 56 Old 12-22-2014, 10:08 AM

Just called Ford Motor Company and was told even though my 2013 Escape SE is doing all the things in the Recall, they have not included mine in the Recall. I call the ** Flag on this one.
post #18 of 56 Old 12-22-2014, 01:19 PM

Repeated same problems to dealer numerous times over 3 LEMON LAW BUYBACK!

You appear to qualify for a LEMON LAW BUYBACK I would contact someone immediately about it!

Quote:
I leased from new and received Dec. 28/12 a Ford Escape 2013 2.0. Everything seemed ok with the vehicle. A few TSB's were performed on it - nothing major. Then at around 6,500 kms the vehicle started to stall. I called the dealer and brought it in Aug. 12/13. They did a variety of tests and could not duplicate the issue. I got the car back and went on with life. Approximately a month later and more stalls and the check engine message appearing, I brought it back on Sept. 20/13. They performed a wiggle test. TSB 13-7-5 was followed (map sensor, wire sensor ably, replace signal return splices, verified repair - ok. I got the vehicle back. October came and stalling happened when I was accelerating. I brought it back on Oct. 22/13. More tests, could not duplicate and they contacted Ford hotline - replaced throttle body. Got the vehicle back. Winter came and went. The vehicle was idling rough/surging but not stalling. Summer came the vehicle started running rougher and starts stalling again. The service engine light comes on too. Back to the dealer - June 11/14. They verified the stalling concern and performed a road test with PID recorder monitor, found when stalling occurs. Another call to the hotline - throttle body is required to correct concern. They replaced the throttle body again, verified repair, state engine running smoothly. Got the car back. Later in June, problems start again. I've had enough. I called the dealer and want answers, set up an appointment to see the general manager. The general manager advises us on 3 options: 1. have their lead technician personally look at the vehicle, 2. trade in the vehicle at a substantial hit to me, 3. CAMVAP. Left dealer to think. But before I did, I was advised by the dealer that they could get me into a new 2014 Escape with the same features as my SEL for $150 more a month. That was rejected outright. I left dealer extremely upset. Onto July 2/14 - back to the dealer. This time they are to connect a flight recorder. Anytime a stalling or surge happens, I am to press the button on the recorder. Over the weekend, the flight recorder was pressed 3 times and brought it back to the dealer for them to analyze the data. I made an appointment with the dealer for July 15/14 as their findings had found that they needed to replace the valve body and torque converter. They claimed no more shudder and vehicle runs smoothly. Sept. 4/14 the vehicle stalls, Sept. 5/14 engine fault light, the car surges, shudders, shakes. That's enough for me. My husband takes the vehicle on Sept. 5/14 to the dealer and demands to see the general manager and the service manager. The service manager doesn't show up and the general manager and another employee show up. He explains the story from the beginning to that day. He asks them if they are willing to take back the vehicle. The GM says no way. He then asks if they would take back the vehicle that they can not fix after 6 tries and provide me a vehicle of similar options. The GM says no, not going to happen. He asks them if they stand behind Ford products - no answer. He asks them if their dealership stands behind Ford products - no answer. He told them that many other people have relayed similar stories on the internet. GM said he disregards most of these stories - the employee laughed. Thoroughly not pleased with the attitude and smirks of these two gentleman, he got up and left.
Now on to Ford Customer Service - I had been in contact with Ford CSR after the first meeting with the GM in June 2014. I was told that we had to deal with the dealer to resolve these issues. I asked if I could go to a different dealer - CSR stated that we should stay with the selling dealer. That's when we agreed with the GM to put on the flight recorder. On Sept. 4/14 I reached out again to my CSR and left a message.I have not heard back since.
If I go to CAMVAP I'll get fleeced. I know that this has been really long winded but I needed to get this off my chest. The lease of this vehicle has been a big mistake. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
post #19 of 56 Old 12-23-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplorenzen View Post
Just called Ford Motor Company and was told even though my 2013 Escape SE is doing all the things in the Recall, they have not included mine in the Recall. I call the ** Flag on this one.
Welcome to the forum, jplorenzen!

Im the Ford Customer Service Representative on this forum, and my name is Tricia. Ill be happy to look into your engine concern. Whats the current mileage on your Escape?

Tricia

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t:

f:

post #20 of 56 Old 12-26-2014, 09:42 AM

Sorry to hear your having issues with your Escape. Like you I had problems with mine too. It's a 2014 . Long story short..(look up my previous post if you wish) the dealer's service rep wasn't willing to help out. Our Escape didn't fall under any recall either. Our problem was with the wiring harness splice .TSP 13-12-12. I went to the top guy at the dealership. Not sure if his title is GM or what. But since it was a family owned he was helpful and got action from Ford. So don't overlook going to the top guy at the dealership. He might not even be aware of your problem and be able to help.
bjeans likes this.

Lee
2014 Titanium
2.0 AWD
Silver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page