11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 60 Old 01-22-2016, 12:21 PM

I have a 2013 Escape SEL. 1.6 Ecoboost. 67K Miles. I've been to the dealership where we purchased the vehicle from to be told "We can't duplicate the problem and did not find any error codes." The vehicle, which we are very pleased with in every other way, continues to stall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 60 Old 02-02-2016, 11:22 PM

My 2013 Escape Titanium was towed today. I just bought this car last month. I was turning onto a major highway and the engine stalled and cut out completely. Steering locked and car would not restart. The dash and computer went on but no start with pushing ingnition button. Computer read all systems good. HELP! I really like this car and now it is not operable. I have been doing some research and am extremely dissappointed that this is a problem with this make and model year. I will find out tomorrow what service is necessary to fix from the dealership. Who is going through this currently?
post #53 of 60 Old 02-03-2016, 07:35 AM

Lots of us went through this. There is a recall for this that entails rebuilding part of the main wiring harness. It will be fixed at no cost to you. My dealer would not give me a loaner because it was recall work, so plan accordingly. Although they had to give me a loaner the next day because they forgot to plug some sensors back in, didn't bother to test drive it, and when I went to leave it wouldn't shift out of 1st gear, then did violently haha. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellebelle View Post
My 2013 Escape Titanium was towed today. I just bought this car last month. I was turning onto a major highway and the engine stalled and cut out completely. Steering locked and car would not restart. The dash and computer went on but no start with pushing ingnition button. Computer read all systems good. HELP! I really like this car and now it is not operable. I have been doing some research and am extremely dissappointed that this is a problem with this make and model year. I will find out tomorrow what service is necessary to fix from the dealership. Who is going through this currently?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 60 Old 01-05-2017, 05:42 PM

2014 Escape stalling

I've had the car for 3 years now and have about 32k miles on it. Never had any issues with it. Yesterday, my wife stopped at the grocery store after work. When she came out of the store, the car started and she drove off. Before she could get out of the parking lot, the car went dead. She put it in park, and restarted the car without issue and drove home.

Today, she went to and from work without issue. She went to another store and the same thing happened. She got out of the store, started the car, and before she got out of the parking lot, it stalled again. She restarted it and came home.

I checked the battery posts, which are tight and clean, and I've started the car several times without issue yesterday and today.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue? I'm out of my regular warrant but luckily I bought an extended. I just wish I had an idea what could be wrong.
post #55 of 60 Old 01-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawx20 View Post
I've had the car for 3 years now and have about 32k miles on it. Never had any issues with it. Yesterday, my wife stopped at the grocery store after work. When she came out of the store, the car started and she drove off. Before she could get out of the parking lot, the car went dead. She put it in park, and restarted the car without issue and drove home.

Today, she went to and from work without issue. She went to another store and the same thing happened. She got out of the store, started the car, and before she got out of the parking lot, it stalled again. She restarted it and came home.

I checked the battery posts, which are tight and clean, and I've started the car several times without issue yesterday and today.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue? I'm out of my regular warrant but luckily I bought an extended. I just wish I had an idea what could be wrong.
Welcome to the forum. I merged your thread with this existing thread on the same issue. Have a look through the thread and hopefully you will find a solution.

2014 Ruby Red Titanium 2.0 AWD
401A, Technology, Sony w/nav, 19" Wheels, Tonneau cover

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #56 of 60 Old 01-07-2017, 04:31 PM

So my escape stalled on back to back days while my wife was driving. I've tried to duplicate the issue while I'm driving with no luck. Today, we went out to eat and to three different stores. No issues until we were leaving the third place we went to. Started up fine and drove off, after exiting the parking lot, I felt my escape lose complete power. I immediately hit the gas and the power came back and continued home without issue. My wife said that's exactly what it did to her, but instead of hitting the gas, she stepped on the brakes when it happened and the car stalled.

Anyone have any opinions on what it could possibly be. Other than that very brief loss of power, the car runs great.
post #57 of 60 Old 03-24-2017, 12:04 PM

2013 Engine Stalling

I just joined the forum today but bought my 2013 Ford Escape 1.6 new. Recently it has "stalled out" - 2 times while I was driving & 3 times while my husband was driving. When it happened to me, I was just beginning to accelarate - in a parking lot and after making a turn onto a busy road. I had to pull off the road and into a parking lot when it did happen while turning. Each time I have to completely turn off car and then turn back on. I am VERY concerned about safety and this happening when not able to manuever off road. I took my car in to my Ford dealership for routine oil change this morn & provided the TSB info provided in another post. My service advisor said since it is only a "Technical Service Bullentin" that there is a $99 diagnostic charge. He explained to me that a TSB is just that Ford is aware of the issues and problems related but have not issued a "recall". Wow. Scary when so many documented issues to put consumers in that position of being aware but not really caring. Any other thoughts / issues / solutions from any other owners experiencing same problems? Thank you so much for this forum and the info provided.
post #58 of 60 Old 03-24-2017, 05:09 PM

Garage
TSB's are not recalls,but the TSB is usually a fix with a new part #/ software update/tells Tech how to fix the problem!

The tsb fix could cost you out of pocket.
many TSB's are covered on the drive train warranty 5 years or 60,000 miles
post #59 of 60 Old 03-24-2017, 08:22 PM

Do you have FWD or AWD? Sounds like your evap canister/purge valve. If you have FWD the job is a snap.
KULTULZ likes this.

2013 Ginger Ale Titanium 2.0 AWD, Factory Tow Package, Pano Roof and Roof Rack, Kuga LED Rear Tail Lights, Factory Added NAV, factory Added Rear Camera, Rear Spoiler, Build Date - Sept. 2012
post #60 of 60 Old 04-10-2017, 03:44 PM

2014 Escape 2.0 RPM shudder/vehicle stall

Hello all,
Im new here, and I really dont know much about cars. Ive been reading through some forums, and I have seen some people have similar issues with the RPMs suddering and the vehicle stalling out. I was curious if anyone had a difinitive answer onto what may be causing this. My car is not throwing out a code, but it does make me nervous that the engine stalls out, randomly. Because Ford can not replicate my problem and no codes are coming up, they seem to dismiss my issue.

Thanks in advance!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page