11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 60 Old 06-09-2014, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Engine stalling or cutting out while driving

If there are any folks out there who have had this problem and taken it to the dealer only to be told "We cant duplicate it and we dont know what to do to fix it" I have just had to take mine to the dealer after 2 separate incidents of eng cutting out while turning at intersections, the fix for this is TSB 13-12-12 see below, the dealer was aware of this problem and went straight to the fix first time and was able to duplicate the exact same issue, they were able to get the eng to stall by playing with the wiring harness. Hope this helps anyone who has been getting the 'runaround' from their dealer.
TSB Number: TSB-13-12-12NHTSA Number: 10054363TSB Date: November 28, 2013Date Added to File: January 15, 2014 Failing Component:
Electrical System Summary:
Ford: diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0106, P0236, for loss of rpm, hesitation, difficult to start, crank no start, runs rough, lack of power and also a message displayed-engine fault service engine now may be caused by wiring in signal ret
tellmem3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 Old 06-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Thanks for the warning and lookout! Hope everything is okay now.
tellmem3 likes this.

2013 Deep Impact Blue Ford Escape SE: 2.0 Liter Ecoboost AWD| Exterior: Replica Ford Kuga Rear Wing, Ford Mud Flaps, 18" Factory Ford Focus ST Rims| Interior: Custom Engine Cover by Carsonfire45, Weathertech Floor Liner| Engine: Steeda "Cold Air" Intake, CX Racing Front Mount Intercooler, Denso Iridium ITV22 "One Step Colder" Sparkplugs, Turbosmart Kompact Plumb Blowoff Valve, SCTX3 tune by Torrie From Unleashed Tuning| Future Plans: Magnaflow Exhaust System| Power Goals: 280 HP/340 Torque
post #3 of 60 Old 06-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapepilot View Post
If there are any folks out there who have had this problem and taken it to the dealer only to be told "We cant duplicate it and we dont know what to do to fix it" I have just had to take mine to the dealer after 2 separate incidents of eng cutting out while turning at intersections, the fix for this is TSB 13-12-12 see below, the dealer was aware of this problem and went straight to the fix first time and was able to duplicate the exact same issue, they were able to get the eng to stall by playing with the wiring harness. Hope this helps anyone who has been getting the 'runaround' from their dealer.
TSB Number: TSB-13-12-12NHTSA Number: 10054363TSB Date: November 28, 2013Date Added to File: January 15, 2014 Failing Component:
Electrical System Summary:
Ford: diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0106, P0236, for loss of rpm, hesitation, difficult to start, crank no start, runs rough, lack of power and also a message displayed-engine fault service engine now may be caused by wiring in signal ret
I'm going to leave your post here but also copy it into the TSB section forum the forum. Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Ford Escape, 2.0 Titanium, 4WD, Frosted Glass - build date 4/16/13
2003 Subaru Forester
1999 Subaru Forester
and more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 60 Old 08-06-2014, 04:49 PM

Red face 2013 Escape stalling 1.6l

My escapees doing the same thing. Dealer has it in shop and can't fix it. Driving a rental now
post #5 of 60 Old 08-06-2014, 06:11 PM

Garage
See 2013 2.0L Rough Idle/ Stall

My comment there explains what happened to me and what I did
post #6 of 60 Old 08-07-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1606 View Post
My escapees doing the same thing. Dealer has it in shop and can't fix it. Driving a rental now
Hello Andy1606,

Iíll be happy to escalate your concern. Please PM your full name, VIN, dealer name/address, in-depth details of vehicle symptoms to relay to the customer service manager, mileage, and best daytime phone number.

Once this info is received Iíll loop in a CSM in your region to assist.

Have a great day!

Tricia
bjeans likes this.

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t:

f:

post #7 of 60 Old 08-09-2014, 09:28 PM

My wife is driving a 2013 escape that keeps on stalling when she slows down like at a stop sign or traffic light. I have taken the vehicle to the dealer three times and all they say is that they cannot duplicate the problem, so the are no able to fix it. I am very scare for my wife. I will try taking this information to the dealer to see if they are willing to fix the problem.
post #8 of 60 Old 08-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoptimizer1 View Post
My wife is driving a 2013 escape that keeps on stalling when she slows down like at a stop sign or traffic light. I have taken the vehicle to the dealer three times and all they say is that they cannot duplicate the problem, so the are no able to fix it. I am very scare for my wife. I will try taking this information to the dealer to see if they are willing to fix the problem.
While Ford doesn't own this forum, Ford representatives are assigned to it. Tricia is the U.S. customer service rep and if you send a PM (private message) to her at FordService (no space) with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage and dealer info, she can step in to assist you. (See her post to Andy a couple up from this one.)

Let us know how it goes, and welcome to the forum.
bigbirchlake likes this.

2013 Ford Escape, 2.0 Titanium, 4WD, Frosted Glass - build date 4/16/13
2003 Subaru Forester
1999 Subaru Forester
and more
post #9 of 60 Old 09-07-2014, 09:47 PM

2013 Ford Escape SEL AWD 2.0

I leased from new and received Dec. 28/12 a Ford Escape 2013 2.0. Everything seemed ok with the vehicle. A few TSB's were performed on it - nothing major. Then at around 6,500 kms the vehicle started to stall. I called the dealer and brought it in Aug. 12/13. They did a variety of tests and could not duplicate the issue. I got the car back and went on with life. Approximately a month later and more stalls and the check engine message appearing, I brought it back on Sept. 20/13. They performed a wiggle test. TSB 13-7-5 was followed (map sensor, wire sensor ably, replace signal return splices, verified repair - ok. I got the vehicle back. October came and stalling happened when I was accelerating. I brought it back on Oct. 22/13. More tests, could not duplicate and they contacted Ford hotline - replaced throttle body. Got the vehicle back. Winter came and went. The vehicle was idling rough/surging but not stalling. Summer came the vehicle started running rougher and starts stalling again. The service engine light comes on too. Back to the dealer - June 11/14. They verified the stalling concern and performed a road test with PID recorder monitor, found when stalling occurs. Another call to the hotline - throttle body is required to correct concern. They replaced the throttle body again, verified repair, state engine running smoothly. Got the car back. Later in June, problems start again. I've had enough. I called the dealer and want answers, set up an appointment to see the general manager. The general manager advises us on 3 options: 1. have their lead technician personally look at the vehicle, 2. trade in the vehicle at a substantial hit to me, 3. CAMVAP. Left dealer to think. But before I did, I was advised by the dealer that they could get me into a new 2014 Escape with the same features as my SEL for $150 more a month. That was rejected outright. I left dealer extremely upset. Onto July 2/14 - back to the dealer. This time they are to connect a flight recorder. Anytime a stalling or surge happens, I am to press the button on the recorder. Over the weekend, the flight recorder was pressed 3 times and brought it back to the dealer for them to analyze the data. I made an appointment with the dealer for July 15/14 as their findings had found that they needed to replace the valve body and torque converter. They claimed no more shudder and vehicle runs smoothly. Sept. 4/14 the vehicle stalls, Sept. 5/14 engine fault light, the car surges, shudders, shakes. That's enough for me. My husband takes the vehicle on Sept. 5/14 to the dealer and demands to see the general manager and the service manager. The service manager doesn't show up and the general manager and another employee show up. He explains the story from the beginning to that day. He asks them if they are willing to take back the vehicle. The GM says no way. He then asks if they would take back the vehicle that they can not fix after 6 tries and provide me a vehicle of similar options. The GM says no, not going to happen. He asks them if they stand behind Ford products - no answer. He asks them if their dealership stands behind Ford products - no answer. He told them that many other people have relayed similar stories on the internet. GM said he disregards most of these stories - the employee laughed. Thoroughly not pleased with the attitude and smirks of these two gentleman, he got up and left.
Now on to Ford Customer Service - I had been in contact with Ford CSR after the first meeting with the GM in June 2014. I was told that we had to deal with the dealer to resolve these issues. I asked if I could go to a different dealer - CSR stated that we should stay with the selling dealer. That's when we agreed with the GM to put on the flight recorder. On Sept. 4/14 I reached out again to my CSR and left a message.I have not heard back since.
If I go to CAMVAP I'll get fleeced. I know that this has been really long winded but I needed to get this off my chest. The lease of this vehicle has been a big mistake. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
post #10 of 60 Old 09-08-2014, 12:24 AM

^^^ .... for fellow USA folks that didn't know: CAMVAP - Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan

That looks like a somewhat weak version of a Lemon Law as in some US states.

Sounds like there'd be no harm at this point in seeking involvement from the Canadian Ford Service Rep on this forum ... (see post #6 for contact and info they need to start helping you; "Tricia" is the US rep but I'll bet she can route your contact to the Canadian person)
leadmic likes this.

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page