1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
#21 Old 08-29-2013, 10:49 PM

I have a 2011 F-150 Ecoboost, and I can check the remaining oil life (expressed as a %.) Since I change at 10,000 km intervals (which comes out to 2x per year), I've never been below approx. 25%.

My wife's 2013 2.0 Ecoboost Escape does not seem to show such a "life indicator". Is this true, or have I not looked at the right place in the dash computer? I'll probably do the 10,000 km interval with the Escape too, but I'd like to see where I stand in terms of real oil life "remaining".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 08-30-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneCamping View Post
Is this true....
Yes.

2013 Titanium 2.0L AWD Ingot Silver
#23 Old 09-11-2013, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cents View Post
The owners manual says to expect the change oil message between 7500 - 10000 miles. What was your mileage when you received your first message?

I'm a little disappointed in everyone's response to the above question. I went through the first few pages of answers and NOT ONE person actually answered the question. Everyone turned this into when and how often and in my experience, etc....

I didn't read past the first few pages so if anyone did actually asnwer this question I apoligize and I'm saddened that a lot of people may not have gotten to read your answers. I mean there are a lot of specific articles in this forum on changing your oil and what kind of oil and how often you should change your oil......

The question was, Has anyone had the oil life monitor actually come on and what was your mileage?"

Randy
2013 2.0 liter Turbo 4WD Escape
#24 Old 09-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by torgersonpi View Post

I'm a little disappointed in everyone's response to the above question. I went through the first few pages of answers and NOT ONE person actually answered the question. Everyone turned this into when and how often and in my experience, etc....

I didn't read past the first few pages so if anyone did actually asnwer this question I apoligize and I'm saddened that a lot of people may not have gotten to read your answers. I mean there are a lot of specific articles in this forum on changing your oil and what kind of oil and how often you should change your oil......

The question was, Has anyone had the oil life monitor actually come on and what was your mileage?"

I am assuming that is a No, on the oil life monitor. The changing of oil would be different for most, pending if you are driving shorter trips, long trips, hauling, traffic, etc. I don't see the big deal why ford keeps it a secret on the Escape but I have already changed my oil once @ 4500 miles without a light/ monitor alerting me too. I am 9300mi now and will be doing my oil again next Friday. If this is any consolation.
#25 Old 09-11-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:

I think the answer is implied. Some have not seen the OLM oil change message come on because they never waited that long. Some responses may indicate a lack of trust in the OLM system and a belief that oil can't be in service that long. Some people have a hard time with change "because it's never been done that way."

As for me, I never saw the message so I had my first service at 9,700 miles (the owners manual says don't exceed 10,000 miles).
torgersonpi likes this.

2013 Titanium 2.0L AWD Ingot Silver
#26 Old 09-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I changed mine @ 4500, cause the service guys said to give it to about 5000 mi for the first oil change and I would see an increase in mpg, so far, I am still waiting.
#27 Old 09-11-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:

I have not had my oil change monitor light come on.
Regardless of what the service interval recommends, I don't want to go 10,000 miles between oil changes, so I will probably never see the oil percentage messages or change warnings. I purchased for $43 a one year multi point service plan last September and I will be getting my third and final oil change next week. After the first change, I went 6327 miles and this time about 5200 miles because I had to fit the changes in within a year. I still have my free oil change so I will use that in February when I return from a trip to AZ. After that, I will change, or have it changed every 7000-7500 miles or 7-9 months. That's what I want to do and that's what makes me feel good.
Whenever you pose a question about oil life, oil brand or change intervals, you're bound to have a discussion like this. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be.
#28 Old 09-13-2013, 03:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotattitude View Post
For me it's not Ford paying, it's a Ford dealership incentive. I got 2 yr/24k. Norm maint. Oil. Air/cab filter, rotation etc. car wash for free
Guessing you bought from Levittown Ford like myself? They also have the free oil changes for the life of the vehicle plan
#29 Old 09-14-2013, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf911 View Post
Guessing you bought from Levittown Ford like myself? They also have the free oil changes for the life of the vehicle plan
Bought mine in Smithtown, ran an ad for free maint 2yr/ 24k mi

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
#30 Old 10-22-2013, 06:34 PM

I think mine came on at 10000 km or 6000 miles

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page