4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old 05-17-2016, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Auto-Start-Stop Engine Fault

Just my luck. I moved up to the Escape to avoid dealing with the DCT issues I had in my 2013 Focus, just to run into issues with the Escape.

I've had my Titanium for three weeks now (the local dealer had exactly what I was looking for on the lot), and about a week ago, I ran into an issue with the auto-start-stop.

I was at a stoplight, and the engine was off (took a while to get used to the silence). When the light turned green and I took my foot off the brake, instead of the engine starting, I got a "Engine Fault" message. I put it in park, and manually restarted. The "Engine Fault" message showed up again, but the engine did start. However the acceleration was very sluggish -- like it was in the wrong gear, or the turbo was malfunctioning.

The next day it started and drove fine as I took it to the dealer (although I disabled the auto-start-stop to be safe). They checked it out and said it passed every checklist item for the error code they found.

I drove it normally for a few more days, and everything seemed okay. Then this weekend, it happened again. I took it back in to the dealer, and this time it got escalated to Ford. This morning I got a call from the dealer who said that Ford is aware of the issue and their engineers are working on a fix. I was told that there's nothing they can do right now, and that the recommended action is to manually disable auto-start-stop until Ford releases a fix.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 05-17-2016, 11:21 AM

1.5L or 2.0?
post #3 of 30 Old 05-17-2016, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Sorry; forgot to put that in the post.

1.5L
centex likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 05-17-2016, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

I would say the only corrective action is to manually disable auto-start-stop

2013 2.0L AWD Titanium, Titanium Technology Package, Silver Ingot
post #5 of 30 Old 05-17-2016, 09:19 PM

Garage
Yikes. Sorry you're having that issue, but thanks so much for reporting it here...I will keep an eye on mine!

Hope they get it fixed quickly for you!

2017 Lightning Blue Titanium 2.0L 4WD (Saphira)
301A, adaptive cruise, BLIS, cross traffic alert, enhanced active park assist, SYNC 3 (w/o nav), 18" wheels, roof cross bars
Leather in medium light stone
Build date: March 31, 2016

2003 Black Escape XLT 4WD
post #6 of 30 Old 05-18-2016, 01:26 AM

I've had my 2.0 titanium AWD for 3 weeks now and have not noticed any real problems with my start stop. I did have times where I was wondering why it was not kicking in at a stop but come to find out the computer won't above for it to activate if the temperature is high and the AC is on high or a couple other reason. And it was very hit that day. Needless to say it has worked good ever since than. Good luck on this and keep us up to date on how it turns out for you.
ambrein80 likes this.
post #7 of 30 Old 06-23-2016, 03:25 PM

Question 2017 Escape SE

Hi,

New to the post. I'm in Canada so I hope that's ok. Leased the 2017 Escape SE with Auto-stop-start feature and had a couple stall outs with it. Press brake at Red light, engine shuts off, release brake at Green and engine dies out. "ENGINE FAULT - GET SERVICE" shows up on dash. Brought it in today to FORD for service but only 500Km on it. Has anyone out there had this issue? What was the fix? Waiting to hear back from them. Sad to have to bring it in so quick.

Should mention that family and I love this vehicle. It has everything we need but stall outs are not cool!!

-Topper
post #8 of 30 Old 06-23-2016, 03:47 PM

Got about 1500km on my 2017 Escape SE and haven't had that happen. I'm in Canada as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 30 Old 06-24-2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topper View Post
....New to the post. I'm in Canada so I hope that's ok. Leased the 2017 Escape SE with Auto-stop-start feature and had a couple stall outs with it. Press brake at Red light, engine shuts off, release brake at Green and engine dies out. "ENGINE FAULT - GET SERVICE" shows up on dash. ....
Which engine, please ???

( Canadians welcome here, glad to have you ! )

Everyone adding to this thread, please tell us which engine you have !!!

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 30 Old 06-28-2016, 02:39 PM

It's a 1.5L Ecoboost

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page