LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-07-2017, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Auto Start Installation

Hi. I couldn't find the search on the mobile site so I apologize if this was discussed. I am looking into installing an auto start (by the dealership)
1. Will this void the warranty? Even if installed but ford.
2. When I did this with a Chevy a decade ago they gave a totally separate keychain with the autobutton. Then when I had one installed for my mom they gave me a whole new key fob with it there. Which way does Ford do? Also the key fob for the basic 2017 is a pain...it doesn't fold like others, just big and long....is this interchanagble?? Can I pay to have a new key fob installation if I get this done so it isn't so bulky Like the one that's collapse into itself? I go to theme park s a lot so you may see where this is a pain.
Thanks for any responses! Have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-07-2017, 11:10 AM

if you are talking about what I think your talking about, it's called remote start.

Lots of talk about this already, but not too much for 2017 model year. It will give you a sense of what to expect.

Remote Start for 2017 SE?

Remote start add on?

Failed Remote start install now it wont start

remote start install

Best remote starter for SE?

2013 Ginger Ale Titanium 2.0 AWD, Factory Tow Package, Pano Roof and Roof Rack, Kuga LED Rear Tail Lights, Factory Added NAV, factory Added Rear Camera, Rear Spoiler, Build Date - Sept. 2012
post #3 of 3 Old 01-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pangelpip View Post
Hi. I couldn't find the search on the mobile site so I apologize if this was discussed. I am looking into installing an auto start (by the dealership)
1. Will this void the warranty? Even if installed but ford.
2. When I did this with a Chevy a decade ago they gave a totally separate keychain with the autobutton. Then when I had one installed for my mom they gave me a whole new key fob with it there. Which way does Ford do? Also the key fob for the basic 2017 is a pain...it doesn't fold like others, just big and long....is this interchanagble?? Can I pay to have a new key fob installation if I get this done so it isn't so bulky Like the one that's collapse into itself? I go to theme park s a lot so you may see where this is a pain.
Thanks for any responses! Have a great day.
Have a look through the threads that @HayaiKuruma posted. Please post anymore questions you may have in one of the existing threads. There are also a lot of existing information on new key FOB installations.

2014 Ruby Red Titanium 2.0 AWD
401A, Technology, Sony w/nav, 19" Wheels, Tonneau cover

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page