6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 01-08-2017, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Exclamation Software Updates

I have a 2013 2 liter AWD Titanium every option over $37,000 new now have 60,700 miles
I found out from the Service Advisor that there at least 10 modules that can be updated with the most current software!
pcm/ecm/bcm/abs/steering/gps.etc
I had them all updated with the most current software for each module
One feature that was noticeable
The headlights now come on when it is raining and the wipers are on!
there is display on the dash that was not there before.
You can disable it if you wish.
Software updates for your car are the same reason you update your computer!
They fix problems and give you added features and benefits!
Your car will thank you and also your pocket book $$$$!
Software updates are preventative maintenance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 01-08-2017, 10:29 PM

Interesting, I'd love to see a pic of the Service Receipt to see how this was entered and the cost.

"The headlights now come on when it is raining and the wipers are on!" that's neat, on my '14 SE the headlights have always come on when the (non-rain-sensing) wipers are turned on.

"there is display on the dash that was not there before." displaying what?
jshel101 likes this.

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 Old 01-08-2017, 10:45 PM

Hmmm, wipers on=lights on feature has been around for a while our 2010 flex had it, first time I hear of dealer offering this "service" (installing software updates).

2014-TITANIUM
TUXEDO BLACK
2.0 ECOBOOST ENG.
401A PKG.
TECHNOLOGY PKG
NAV ADDED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 01-08-2017, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
my car has a build date of 5/5/13
it has the rain sensing wipers
the headlights would not come on in daylight even if it was raining!
now they do.
post #5 of 26 Old 01-08-2017, 11:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
it has the rain sensing wipers
the headlights would not come on in daylight even if it was raining!
now they do.
Mine always did. Sure you had the feature turned on?
post #6 of 26 Old 01-08-2017, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner10 View Post
...Software updates are preventative maintenance.
What was your cost for this service, please?

Did the Service Receipt indicate it was based on labor hours or just a flat fee?

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 26 Old 01-09-2017, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
The wipers on my 2013 SEL, only would come on if the wipers were wiping x times within x minutes, sometimes it was pointless since the NY law is wipers on headlights on, so I found myself manually turning my lights on when its raining (during daylight hours).

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

post #8 of 26 Old 01-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

For the wipers on headlights on feature to work I believe you need to have the headlight switch in the auto position.

My 97 Mark VIII had this feature, did not require the headlights to be in auto, there was an option in the setting to turn it on or off.

2013 2.0L AWD Titanium, Titanium Technology Package, Silver Ingot
post #9 of 26 Old 01-09-2017, 09:37 AM

And then there are the updates that taketh away. The recall for windows that disabled global open comes to mind.
dannyg likes this.
post #10 of 26 Old 01-09-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayaiKuruma View Post
And then there are the updates that taketh away. The recall for windows that disabled global open comes to mind.

Good question ! I noticed on my 17 Titanium I dont have a few features that show up in my display that I have an option to turn on or off. The book shows a breakdown of all the possible settings, and then says "some might not be available on some models. I purchased the Titanium model so I can have all the features..... One thing comes to mind and not sure if i will ever use it is ....... "hill assist". I searched you tube and found a video of a Ford Tech "activating that option" with a laptop and then the FE had "Hill Assist" as a new option in the display to turn on and off. I wonder how many other options are just not activated or turned off that can be programed to be working ?

2017 FE Titanium
FWD
Navigation
Vista Roof
Sync 3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page