LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-18-2017, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy New Ford Escape Girl - AC Cutting Out

Hello, I'm here because since the first day of buying my 2017 Ford Escape i have had issues with the AC. They hadn't even given me the key the day i signed for it and the ac went out. The kept it for 2 days and it worked. A week later it did the same and again they kept it and it worked. I have taken it in to be serviced and the first couple of times i was spoken to like, if i didn't know how to turn on the AC. I've had this issue going on 8 months now and the crazy car will act up with me and once i take it in it works fine. Is anyone out there having the same issue.

Norma Ford Escape 2017
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-18-2017, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome to the forum. You should update your signature with the details of your Escape (year, engine, Sync version, tire size, etc..)

2014 Ruby Red Titanium 2.0 AWD
401A, Technology, Sony w/nav, 19" Wheels, Tonneau cover

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 Old 05-18-2017, 05:04 PM

A couple of people report that it defaults to off for them.

Interested in knowing the trim level, does it have auto/dual controls or manual?

Does it blow warm air, blow no air, AC always is off when starting (and remote starting?), etc.

My wife keeps cranking the temps down on ours because it blows warm air when it shuts off at a stop light.

2017 Escape SE, FWD, 1.5L, Magnetic Metallic, 201A, Nav, Pwr Liftgate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-18-2017, 06:43 PM

Hi Normz74. I'm not an Escape owner, but I do own a Ford Fusion. Is the start/stop causing issues? If the engine isn't running I've read the AC gets humid. Have you tried disabling the start/stop to see if that makes a difference?
post #5 of 12 Old 05-18-2017, 06:52 PM

Welcome to the forum.

We need a bit more info, and as others have stated, the trim and other info about your Escape. When you say "kept it for 2 days and it worked", does this mean they worked on to fix something and got it working, or do you mean they found nothing wrong with it and it was working fine when they showed you?

As others have mentioned, the stop/start feature will make the AC not cold while it is in auto stop. Was this happening while you were driving the entire time for the duration of your drive (how long did you test it?)? When you say it's acting up, is it not working at all as in not blowing any air or is it blowing warm air even when you set it to 60 degrees? Does this happen for a long period of time?

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L 4WD - Ingot Silver
Navigation
Panoramic Vista Roof
Class II Trailer Tow Prep
Build Date: May 2016
post #6 of 12 Old 05-19-2017, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

yes they kept it to see what was the issue with the AC. They couldn't figure it out because it would start cooling. My Ford Escape doesn't have the start/stop feature. The AC will cool while I'm driving but once i turn off the car and later turn it back on to go somewhere it will blow hot air. Yes it happens for long periods of time. Once i don't use it till next day then it will start to cool again.

Norma Ford Escape 2017
post #7 of 12 Old 05-19-2017, 12:03 PM

Lemon law the vehicle if u can. Try another dealer too. Has the dealer escalated the issue to Ford engineering? I'd be p.o.'d if this was me.

As a Ford stockholder I hate reading about unresolved dealer service issues as well as vehicle issues the manufacturer sometimes lets slide. This puts folks in a Toyota & they don't come back, if ever, for a long time. I'm one of those folks.
post #8 of 12 Old 05-19-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normz74 View Post
yes they kept it to see what was the issue with the AC. They couldn't figure it out because it would start cooling. My Ford Escape doesn't have the start/stop feature. The AC will cool while I'm driving but once i turn off the car and later turn it back on to go somewhere it will blow hot air. Yes it happens for long periods of time. Once i don't use it till next day then it will start to cool again.
This sucks. When it's something that can't be replicated at the moment they always think you're crazy. If the dealer is not too far, maybe you can let them know that you'll pull in really quick when the Escape is blowing hot air for someone to just actually feel the hot air and then you can bring it back another day to get service.

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L 4WD - Ingot Silver
Navigation
Panoramic Vista Roof
Class II Trailer Tow Prep
Build Date: May 2016
post #9 of 12 Old 05-19-2017, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe it is freezing up

2013 2.0L AWD Titanium, Titanium Technology Package, Silver Ingot
post #10 of 12 Old 05-19-2017, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Well on a different discussion i read that because of the humidity it cause it to AC to freeze and i need to take it back to dealership so they can check that out.

Norma Ford Escape 2017

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page