Has anyone figured out how to use the extremely short engine block heater cord Ford puts in the 2014 FE? It really doesn't fit outside of the engine compartment without separating the connections.
Here you go - from the manual, page 127:
We recommend that you do the following for a safe and correct operation:
• Use a 16-gauge outdoor extension cord that is product certified by Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL) or Canadian Standards Association (CSA). This extension cord must be suitable for use outdoors, in cold temperatures, and be clearly marked Suitable for Use with Outdoor Appliances. Do not use an indoor extension cord outdoors. This could result in an electric shock or become a fire hazard.
• Use as short an extension cord as possible.
• Do not use multiple extension cords.
• Make sure that when in operation, the extension cord plug and heater cord plug connections are free and clear of water. This could cause an electric shock or fire.
• Make sure your vehicle is parked in a clean area, clear of combustibles.
• Make sure the heater, heater cord and extension cord are firmly connected.
• Check for heat anywhere in the electrical hookup once the system has been operating for approximately 30 minutes.