1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 10-03-2016, 04:03 PM

I do envy the fuel choices in your area ... I was looking here Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada and note BC options are generally much wider than TX.

Unblended (no ethanol) fuels are virtually impossible to find in my area, available only at a few marinas for the boating folks. Travelling in Oklahoma I've filled a few times with high-octane 'pure gas' but not enough to get any feel for a difference in performance or otherwise.

We'll look forward to your follow-up down the road. I'll be particularly interested to see what your data shows for your upcoming non-towing season (but a bummer that you have that ;-). Then the 'complicating factor' will be winter-blend fuel :-0, ;-).

Happy camping !!

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 10-04-2016, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by centex View Post
I do envy the fuel choices in your area ... I was looking here Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada and note BC options are generally much wider than TX.

Unblended (no ethanol) fuels are virtually impossible to find in my area, available only at a few marinas for the boating folks. Travelling in Oklahoma I've filled a few times with high-octane 'pure gas' but not enough to get any feel for a difference in performance or otherwise.

We'll look forward to your follow-up down the road. I'll be particularly interested to see what your data shows for your upcoming non-towing season (but a bummer that you have that ;-). Then the 'complicating factor' will be winter-blend fuel :-0, ;-).

Happy camping !!
There are almost too many fuel grade choices. I think they should skip 89 and offer more Ethanol-free choices. If there was a 87 with no Ethanol, I'd give it a try.

Winter gas here is pointless, it doesn't even get cold enough yet they import it. Maybe up North and in Alberta but here on the Wet Mild Coast all it does is reduce mileage.

Beauty of having a trailer is we can wake up on a Saturday morning in Winter and if the weather is good we can go somewhere fairly local. Even 1 night can reduced camping withdrawal. ;-)

Ingot Silver 2015 EDGE SEL 3.5L AWD, Towing Pack +
post #13 of 13 Old 10-04-2016, 07:11 PM

Garage
I average 22.5 MPG in my '13 2.0 with 22,000 miles on premium fuel

2013 Escape SE 2.0 - FWD - Sterling Gray - 10/12 Build Date

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page