5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 01-24-2014, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Ford Escape 2013 1.6 Check Engine Light Code DTC P26B7

Hi guys I am new to the forum. I was driving home yesterday and my check Engine light came on. I went to a local Pep Boys to have them hook the Escape up to the computer. The diagnostics came back with a DTC P26B7 code which is a fault with the coolant bypass Solenoid. I am bring the car to the dealer on Monday. Should I be concerned with this? Can I still drive the truck. I live in NJ and its very cold here will this effect anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 01-24-2014, 11:44 AM

What is your build date?

There is a TSB on this issue, sorry it doesn't answer your safe to drive question but at least it will be a quick look up for the dealer.

TSB 13-02-15 – 2013 Escape – 1.6L GTDI – Service Engine Soon Light – DTC P26B7 – Built On Or Before 2/13/2013
Some 2013 Escape vehicles equipped with a 1.6L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine built on or
before 2/13/2013 may exhibit a service engine soon
light on with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P26B7 stored in
the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) memory. This DTC indicates a fault is present with Coolant Bypass Solenoid C, located at the rear of the engine above the starter/ bell housing, and below the vacuum pump. Follow the service procedure in this TSB to correct the condition.

No longer the owner of a 2014 Escape Titanium, Platinum White, 1.6L, FWD, 18" Alloys, Panoramic Roof, Nav.
Build Date 08/15/2013 (Thursday)
post #3 of 34 Old 01-24-2014, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Pep Boys gave me the print out of what you typed. I am just worried that if I should be driving it. It's the yellow check engine light which means it's not critical, but I still worry. I do not know my build date. I bought in March of last year 2013.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 01-24-2014, 11:55 AM

Your welcome.
The fastest way to locate your build date is to open the drivers door and you'll find the month and year printed on the door sticker.

The exact day can be found on your electronic window sticker. The suggestion was made to add it to your forum signature some day.

From another thread:

This might be mentioned somewhere:
Just remember the build date isn't the date you see at the bottom of the window sticker that came directly off your vehicle. This is usually the print or publish date of that particular sticker. You'll find your build date on your electronic window sticker.
You can go here: How to Track Ford Factory Car Orders
Or click this LINK then add your VIN after the = sign up in the address bar with no spaces and hit enter.

The build date is the bold number at the bottom right of your electronic window sticker.
Example for mine: 1201308153034
Ignore the first number which is 1, then 2013 is year, 08 is month and 15 is day, ignore the last four.

No longer the owner of a 2014 Escape Titanium, Platinum White, 1.6L, FWD, 18" Alloys, Panoramic Roof, Nav.
Build Date 08/15/2013 (Thursday)
post #5 of 34 Old 01-24-2014, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by firepit1x View Post
Your welcome.
The fastest way to locate your build date is to open the drivers door and you'll find the month and year printed on the door sticker.

The exact day can be found on your electronic window sticker. The suggestion was made to add it to your forum signature some day.

From another thread:

This might be mentioned somewhere:
Just remember the build date isn't the date you see at the bottom of the window sticker that came directly off your vehicle. This is usually the print or publish date of that particular sticker. You'll find your build date on your electronic window sticker.
You can go here: How to Track Ford Factory Car Orders
Or click this LINK then add your VIN after the = sign up in the address bar with no spaces and hit enter.

The build date is the bold number at the bottom right of your electronic window sticker.
Example for mine: 1201308153034
Ignore the first number which is 1, then 2013 is year, 08 is month and 15 is day, ignore the last four.
Just a note - my window sticker and electronic sticker are identical. The electronic one looks like a photo of the window one. So the date can be retrieved from the window sticker as well in the same way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Ford Escape, 2.0 Titanium, 4WD, Frosted Glass - build date 4/16/13
2003 Subaru Forester
1999 Subaru Forester
and more
post #6 of 34 Old 01-24-2014, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob316 View Post
Hi guys I am new to the forum. I was driving home yesterday and my check Engine light came on. I went to a local Pep Boys to have them hook the Escape up to the computer. The diagnostics came back with a DTC P26B7 code which is a fault with the coolant bypass Solenoid. I am bring the car to the dealer on Monday. Should I be concerned with this? Can I still drive the truck. I live in NJ and its very cold here will this effect anything.
Hi Rob - nothing to add about the the check engine light, but wanted to welcome you to the forum.

And though you have more important things on your mind now, when you get a chance, we ask that all members take a quick read of our guidelines (link below). Good luck - hope the issue is solved fast.

2013 Ford Escape, 2.0 Titanium, 4WD, Frosted Glass - build date 4/16/13
2003 Subaru Forester
1999 Subaru Forester
and more
post #7 of 34 Old 01-24-2014, 12:08 PM
JMR

Garage
Quote:
Thanks Pep Boys gave me the print out of what you typed. I am just worried that if I should be driving it. It's the yellow check engine light which means it's not critical, but I still worry. I do not know my build date. I bought in March of last year 2013.
The fact that the warning is described as the "Service Engine Soon Light" (emphasis added) suggests that you're probably OK for the weekend. But if I were you, I wouldn't take any long trips, or drive to remote locations, until I'd had the dealer check it out.

2013 Sterling Gray Metallic Escape SEL 2.0L 4WD w/Equipment Group 302A, Panorama Roof, Ford OEM Cargo Area Protector, Ford OEM Splash Guards, WeatherTech All-Weather Floor Mats (front only), Ford OEM Center Console Tray, Aluminum Pedal Covers, Fitted LED DRLs
post #8 of 34 Old 01-24-2014, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

here is my build date from the sticker 20121108

post #9 of 34 Old 01-24-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
rob316,

I'm happy to assist you with this. Go ahead and make an appointment with your dealer and send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look on my end.

Ashley

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t:

f:

post #10 of 34 Old 01-24-2014, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

I PM you my info. Thank You.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page