4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 05-17-2013, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Will Ford Ever Build a 3rd Generation Escape Hybrid?

We were fortunate enough to get the Ford Escape Hybrid up until 2012 when the 2nd Generation Escape ended, but it seems as if there's a 50/50 chance a future Ford Escape Hybrid will return. Ford already has vehicles that in a way pick up where the Escape Hybrid left off at, but do they still need an Escape Hybrid?

Would you buy a Ford Escape Hybrid if it came out?

What might the release date be on a future Ford Escape Hybrid? 2015? 2016?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-17-2013, 01:04 PM

the Ford C-Max hybrid sort of took care of this, i think it's classified as a compact crossover? (someone correct me if im wrong). it would be nice to have a hybrid escape because the escape has more space, seems to be more rugged and just a nicer looking vehicle. can't be too hard for ford to just drop the c-max hybrid drivetrain into an Escape.
post #3 of 15 Old 05-17-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeFan View Post
We were fortunate enough to get the Ford Escape Hybrid up until 2012 when the 2nd Generation Escape ended, but it seems as if there's a 50/50 chance a future Ford Escape Hybrid will return. Ford already has vehicles that in a way pick up where the Escape Hybrid left off at, but do they still need an Escape Hybrid?

Would you buy a Ford Escape Hybrid if it came out?

What might the release date be on a future Ford Escape Hybrid? 2015? 2016?
The Cmax replaced the Escape Hybrid. I haven't seen anything about Ford reintroducing the Escape Hybrid. Any release date is way premature to even discuss unless someone's read something somewhere about Ford changing their mind. If there's something out there please post a link.

2013 Titanium 2.0L AWD Ingot Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-25-2013, 06:40 PM

I would love a Ford Escape Hybrid

Try to find a used one. No one is selling. The C-MAX is bigger than a Prius, but not quite big enough.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-26-2013, 04:36 PM

The interior of the C-Max is almost identical to the Escape, with more headroom and less cargo space behind the second row. The C-Max sits lower by a few inches.
post #6 of 15 Old 10-26-2013, 04:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakBear View Post
The interior of the C-Max is almost identical to the Escape, with more headroom and less cargo space behind the second row. The C-Max sits lower by a few inches.
I call the C-MAX a "mini Escape"
Pilot4prophet likes this.

-justin

2013 Escape Titanium (See it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 Old 10-26-2013, 04:57 PM

Hybrids are very complex drive systems, and don't get the claimed MPG.
Turbo direct injection is where the future lies.
I think hybrids will fade away in a few years as TDI matures and comes to full fruition.

Dave K.

2014 1.6l Ruby Red SE
post #8 of 15 Old 10-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKazoroski View Post
I think hybrids will fade away in a few years as TDI matures and comes to full fruition.
I think Toyota got it more than right with the Prius - different than other hybrid engines. We had one for ten years, remarkable mileage, or as my husband used to smugly say when I'd mention gassing up my Forester, "My car doesn't use gas."

Actually, the mileage on the hybrid Camry is quite good too. Aside: dropping off my Escape today, I rode home in the Camry. Wow, does it feel low to the ground after sitting up nice and high in the Escape.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Ford Escape, 2.0 Titanium, 4WD, Frosted Glass - build date 4/16/13
2003 Subaru Forester
1999 Subaru Forester
and more
post #9 of 15 Old 10-30-2013, 06:09 AM

I would rather see them bring in the turbo diesel.

Ford Kuga Titanium TDCi review | carsguide.com.au
post #10 of 15 Old 10-31-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKazoroski View Post
I would tend to agree with this.

A lot of people were mistaken when hybrids really started making the rounds a few years back at the same time gas prices skyrocketted - they assumed that hybrids were the next step on the way to fully-electric cars and freedom from high gas prices and outside oil-dependency. While, there may be some truth to that, the reality is that the goal of hybrids was just to get more MPG; not necessarily to be the first nail in the coffin of gasoline engines. And now, they're getting better gas mileage out of turbocharged 4-bangers than hybrids at a lower cost and without having to revamp infrastructure across the country/world.

I wouldn't hold my breath for another hybrid Escape.

Just my $0.02.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page