9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 Old 02-11-2013, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Slow Heater

Does anyone else find that the Heat in their 2013 Escape is slow to warm?

Mine is a Titanium so it has the auto temp control.

It seems to take forever to warm the car, even if set to max. I also notice that when set to Auto, no heat comes out of the ducts for the rear passengers. I have to manually set it to floor for them to get anything.

It seems like an awful lot of the air circulation is just getting shoved around in the dash, and not coming out vents like it should. Having to keep the heat set to high for 20 minutes so the car warms up just doesn't seem right.

And this is even after the temp gauge shows the engine fully warmed up.

I can improve things by manually engaging the foot-well and dash buttons for air flow, but that really should not be necessary.

It almost seems like a blend door isn't working, and allowing too much cold air to come in instead of warm air from the heater core.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 02-12-2013, 03:05 PM

How cold does it get where you live??

Have you spoke to anyone at the dealership about the heating issue?
post #3 of 42 Old 02-18-2013, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

20's or 30's at night.

Will have dealer check at first service. I was simply curious if others have seen this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 Old 03-05-2013, 12:32 PM

Is your car warm? If the car isn't warm it won't blow hot air.

Does anyone one else have problems with the heater being slow? Now I am concerned
post #5 of 42 Old 03-05-2013, 03:49 PM

Maybe your heater core needs replacing, which has to be done by a certified technician. Or it could be a problem with the blend door motor, .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #6 of 42 Old 03-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
This was explained to me, when I was purchasing the FE, the heat /defrost does not kick on until the car is warm enough to throw out heated air, to prevent cold air blowing on you / car until the car is at temp. Same goes for A/C
post #7 of 42 Old 03-07-2013, 07:20 PM

Ford Escape Heater

I think you definitely have a problem with your heater, I was surprised at how fast my Escape does heat up, less than 5mins after starting and the heat in the back seats is good too.
post #8 of 42 Old 03-08-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotattitude View Post
This was explained to me, when I was purchasing the FE, the heat /defrost does not kick on until the car is warm enough to throw out heated air, to prevent cold air blowing on you / car until the car is at temp. Same goes for A/C
If you just hop in your car and turn the heat on before the car is warm you are actually delaying the time it takes for the car to heat up. I always wait until its warm before turning the heat on.

I have a remote starter for my old car and I plan to get one for the Escape as well. It is a life saver in the winter.
post #9 of 42 Old 03-08-2013, 03:32 PM

I apologize if I missed this subject earlier but can someone tell me if the heated seats automatically come on when using the remote starter. They do on my 2009 Silverado and on a 2007 Acadia I previously owned.
post #10 of 42 Old 03-08-2013, 04:30 PM

Slow Heater

Mine seems to take a little longer as well. I think the temp gauge is an idiot light disguised as a real gauge. It pops into place pretty quickly well before the engine is really warm. If the car is overheating I would guess this fake gauge wouldn't give you much warning.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page