327Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 492 Old 10-08-2013, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Lightbulb Cool Things To Know About The 2013+ Escape

If everyone names one maybe not so obvious thing about the Escape this will be a great thread! Don't do an RTM (Refer To the Manual), this can be a fun great informative thread that can benefit us......

I'll start with:
1. (According to my Wife) Rear door will not unlock unless the car is in P
2. (According to a discussion in another thread) Roof cargo load capacity is reduced by 50% in models with panoramic roof (meaning capacity goes down from 100 lbs to 50 lbs)

2014 Sunset Red SE 2.0L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 492 Old 10-08-2013, 01:58 AM

Garage
If you pull the back door inside handle twice in a row it will open from what I have heard.
mrbeankc likes this.

2016 Deep Impact Blue Titanium Escape
301a, panoramic roof, navigation, 2.0
Build Date: 09-07-2015

2013 White Escape SE 2.0 Eco
Tow PKG
Power Lift-gate
Panoramic Moonroof
Build Date 6/29/2012
post #3 of 492 Old 10-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I know I mentioned this on another thread, but the Auto button on the HVAC hard controls, if held down for a few seconds it will turn off dual climate control, setting the temperature to driver specification.
FEfanboi and ccap41 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 492 Old 10-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimfer View Post
If everyone names one maybe not so obvious thing about the Escape this will be a great thread! Don't do an RTM (Refer To the Manual), this can be a fun great informative thread that can benefit us......

I'll start with:
1. (According to my Wife) Rear door will not unlock unless the car is in P
2. (According to a discussion in another thread) Roof cargo load capacity is reduced by 50% in models with panoramic roof (meaning capacity goes down from 100 lbs to 50 lbs)
45 pounds, at least for the 2013, though I'm sure there's a fudge factor. A little off topic - I had a vendor who didn't realize I had a roof rack try to sell me one because it would hold 176 pounds - after I told him about the 45 pound limit with pano roof. I suggested he remind people to check their owner's manual before purchasing.
mrbeankc and ccap41 like this.

2013 Ford Escape, 2.0 Titanium, 4WD, Frosted Glass - build date 4/16/13
2003 Subaru Forester
1999 Subaru Forester
and more
post #5 of 492 Old 10-08-2013, 10:28 AM

Nice topic. I would like to see a similar but separate one on favorite voice commands.

1. The speed you set your cruise control is displayed on the driver's information screen. This can be changed in 1 mph increments. Canceling the cruise control will display the speed with a line through it.
2.A short, light push on the turn signal will result in three turn signal flashes. No need to hold it down.
3. The windshield wipers will do a final "courtesy" wipe after using the windshield sprayer.
4. With push-button start, if you push the start button without putting your foot on the brake, it goes into accessory mode.
5. With the car off, pressing the radio (system) power button will turn the radio on for a limited amount of time
6. There is an eco-mode on the drivers display that shows how economically you have been driving. When you're in the average MPG mode, hit the right arrow.
7. 2014s have a removable top tray for the center console. The tray also fits 2013s and resolves some of the limited front storage issues.
post #6 of 492 Old 10-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
To add to that,

1. In Reverse, if you hit the courtesy swipe it will swipe front and rear windshields.
2. I just noticed this, on the rear doors the white plastic key hole to put the door into child safety (known), but what I noticed was on the side where the latch lock is another , keyhole that's black. Turning that one prevents the door being opened from the outside. It can be disengaged by pulling on the inside handle you will hear a click which resets the door.
3. Auto parallel park on the left side no problem, just use your left turn signal and it will switch the sensors from right side (default) to left side, in searching for a parking space.
jmelair likes this.

post #7 of 492 Old 10-08-2013, 11:39 AM

thread should be stickied :P
post #8 of 492 Old 10-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnlauzon View Post
thread should be stickied :P
I think if it gets a lot of hits, or comments will put it into consideration.
Richiejr417 likes this.

post #9 of 492 Old 10-08-2013, 11:49 AM

Radio turns on by pushing the button even when the car is not on and in park. Nice for the teens when they wait in the car.

Previous owner of: 2013 SEL, White Platinum, 4WD, 1.6 LTR engine, full leather, panoramic roof, MFT (no nav), all weather mats, 18" alloy wheels. Went where ever bad Escapes go to die by way of Ford's Reacquired Vehicle Program.

Currently own: 2014 Titanium, White Platinum, full leather, 4WD, 2.0 LTR engine, panoramic roof, navigation system, 19" nickel alloy wheels, roof rail/cross bars.
post #10 of 492 Old 10-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Adding a second phone to the SYNC, in the event of a crash and your phone goes offline, battery flies out, whatever, the SYNC would look for the second registered phone and use that to call 911
Smert likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page