6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-16-2017, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Ford rubber mats for 2017 Escape SE

Greetings all.

I just purchased a new 2017 Escape along with the all season rubber mats, and noticed that the rear row rubber mats do not cover the rear row floor area completely. They are smaller than the carpet mat counterparts; while the rear row carpet mats cover the floor nicely. The two front row rubber mats have the same size of the carpet mats, and they have the "Escape" imprints on them. However, the rear row rubber mats do not have the "Escape" on them.

I have contacted my dealer and they told me that is the case for 2017 Escape. They said that I indeed have the correct rubber mats for 2017 Escape, and the rear row rubber mats are smaller than the carpet counterparts.

I do not understand how this could happen with Ford. I mean the whole point of getting the rubber mats is to prevent the floor carpet being damaged or worn out from rain or dirt or snow etc. If they don't cover the floor completely, what is the point of getting the Ford customized floor mats, instead of some random mats from the market? Also, if Ford can tailor the carpet mats to fit the vehicle, why can't they do it for rubber mats?

Can some one who has the rubber mats for 2017 Escape please confirm if the rubber mats are indeed smaller than the carpet mats? I still suspicious that I got the wrong rear row mats because they don't have the "Escape" imprint on them.

Thank you all for your time and advises if any.

David
klemsaba likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-16-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans IronForce View Post
Greetings all.

I just purchased a new 2017 Escape along with the all season rubber mats, and noticed that the rear row rubber mats do not cover the rear row floor area completely. They are smaller than the carpet mat counterparts; while the rear row carpet mats cover the floor nicely. The two front row rubber mats have the same size of the carpet mats, and they have the "Escape" imprints on them. However, the rear row rubber mats do not have the "Escape" on them.

I have contacted my dealer and they told me that is the case for 2017 Escape. They said that I indeed have the correct rubber mats for 2017 Escape, and the rear row rubber mats are smaller than the carpet counterparts.

I do not understand how this could happen with Ford. I mean the whole point of getting the rubber mats is to prevent the floor carpet being damaged or worn out from rain or dirt or snow etc. If they don't cover the floor completely, what is the point of getting the Ford customized floor mats, instead of some random mats from the market? Also, if Ford can tailor the carpet mats to fit the vehicle, why can't they do it for rubber mats?

Can some one who has the rubber mats for 2017 Escape please confirm if the rubber mats are indeed smaller than the carpet mats? I still suspicious that I got the wrong rear row mats because they don't have the "Escape" imprint on them.

Thank you all for your time and advises if any.

David
I have them and yes you're right, they're small and they suck. Just do what I did and view them as a temporary solution until you go buy a set of actual full coverage quality ones from either Husky or Weathertech (The Husky ones have a little better coverage)

2017 SE 2.0L AWD
Sport Package
201A Package
Cold Weather Package
Class II towing
Sync 3 Connect + AA/Carplay/Ford Pass
post #3 of 12 Old 05-17-2017, 07:44 AM

Yes, the OEM rubber mats aren't the best option. Mine came with them, and I shampooed the carpet after the winter.

My wife has WeatherTech in her FE. I bought Husky Liners from carid.com. our forum sponsor. Either is a good choice.

Sunset 2014 Escape Titanium 2.0 4WD
White 2012 Escape Hybrid Limited (wife's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-17-2017, 10:21 AM
LCW

Garage
Opinions on WeatherTech vs Husky? How do they differ? I seem to recall that WeatherTech are more plasticky and Husky being more compliant/rubbery and having more coverage.
post #5 of 12 Old 05-17-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCW View Post
Opinions on WeatherTech vs Husky? How do they differ? I seem to recall that WeatherTech are more plasticky and Husky being more compliant/rubbery and having more coverage.
Someone will come on here soon and kindly ask you to post your question in one of many threads already started on the pros and cons of different brand all weather floor mats, but...

Yes, they are, this is why I chose the Husky ones over the WeatherTech. I don't like the stiff plastic feel and the Husky ones will also cover more of the dead pedal area. Other than those 2 things, they are both great, so it depends on if you want the extra coverage and which material you like better. Every now and then Husky will run a 10% or 15% off promo, if you're not in a hurry, you can sign up for their e-mails and wait for one to come around (they will probably have one for the holidays coming up soon). They just had a 15% off promo that ended on Monday.
roadshow and LCW like this.

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L 4WD - Ingot Silver
Navigation
Panoramic Vista Roof
Class II Trailer Tow Prep
Build Date: May 2016
post #6 of 12 Old 05-17-2017, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for the replies and suggestions!
post #7 of 12 Old 05-17-2017, 06:44 PM

You can get another option through Ford. Check out Ford accessories. https://accessories.ford.com/

Floor Liner - Tray Style, 4-Piece, Black
Part No: HJ5Z-7813300-AA

2017 white titanium 2.0 awd
post #8 of 12 Old 05-17-2017, 10:48 PM
LCW

Garage
Husky Weatherbeater mats (99741) and cargo liner (23741) ordered!
MatthewMarklar likes this.
post #9 of 12 Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM

There'll probably be some father's day sales on these at various retailers. I did that on my last set from Husky

2017 SE 2.0L AWD
Sport Package
201A Package
Cold Weather Package
Class II towing
Sync 3 Connect + AA/Carplay/Ford Pass
post #10 of 12 Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
LCW

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCW View Post
Husky Weatherbeater mats (99741) and cargo liner (23741) ordered!
Well... received... aaaaan.... returning. Completely hated the plasticky material... I'll have to go look at the Ford OEM ones and Weathertechs (dealer sells them) in person to get a feel for various materials. But Husky liners unfortunately will not be in my Escape.

2017 Titanium 2.0 EcoBoost AWD / Lightning Blue / 300A / 18" Wheels / Towing pkg

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page