LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 06-29-2013, 12:26 PM
JMR
Super Moderator

Garage
New Escape color: Karat Gold?

According to a Ford media flier, a new FE color, Karat Gold, is supposed to become available later in the model year. This makes sense, because two colors from MY 2013 were deleted, so one might expect two to be added. But has anyone ever seen Karat Gold on any other Ford vehicle? I can't find any evidence that it exists elsewhere.

If KG does appear, I wonder whether Ginger Ale will be on the way out. Offering both gold and greenish gold seems redundant (although now we have both red and orange-red, I suppose).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-08-2013, 06:16 PM
JMR
Super Moderator

Garage
I see that this thread has proved to be a popular one.

A couple more details: The full name of the color is "Karat Gold Metallic." It's supposed to become available in December. Also, as anticipated, Ginger Ale will be deleted at the same time, thus rendering obsolete untold thousands of Escape brochures!

Also managed to find some shots of this new color, though not on a vehicle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KARATGOLD1.jpg (90.8 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg KARATGOLD2.jpg (84.9 KB, 38 views)
#3 Old 08-04-2013, 07:30 AM

The dealer where my mom bought her FE was joking that I should buy one too and motioned towards a Ginger Ale Titanium. I told him I loved that color and he seemed absolutely shocked. He said i was the first person at that dealership to like that color. Hmm, maybe I should've weasel'd a deal then on such an "ugly" color.
#4 Old 12-03-2013, 11:20 AM
JMR
Super Moderator

Garage
OK, Karat Gold is finally available. You can see some illustrations of it on the Ford website, although color reproduction there is notoriously bad. Here are a couple of dealer photos that I've located:

2013 Sterling Gray Metallic Escape SEL 2.0L 4WD w/Equipment Group 302A, Panorama Roof, Ford OEM Cargo Area Protector, Ford OEM Splash Guards, WeatherTech All-Weather Floor Mats (front only), Ford OEM Center Console Tray, Aluminum Pedal Covers, Fitted LED DRLs
#5 Old 12-03-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMR View Post
OK, Karat Gold is finally available. You can see some illustrations of it on the Ford website, although color reproduction there is notoriously bad. Here are a couple of dealer photos that I've located:

This is why I always tell people to see what the color you want looks like in person, even if it's on a color pallet that the dealer has, it's better than looking at some crappy online image.
#6 Old 12-03-2013, 12:16 PM

My Ginger Ale is unique that is for sure. I have recieved many compliments about this color. For some reason, IMO, many of these unfamiliar colors (Sunset, Ginger Ale, Karat) really look good on this body style. I have seen an Edge with Ginger Ale and I thought meh.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page