LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 04-01-2013, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

2014 Ford Escape Hybrid ? ? ?

Would Ford make a third generation Escape with hybrid technology? Would it sell? How were the previous generation Escape hybrids in terms of practicality and reliability?

Just curious since I remember older models having hybrid tech.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-01-2013, 11:14 AM

I don't think it would happen since they have the Cmax
post #3 of 9 Old 04-02-2013, 12:48 PM

I was looking at the Escape Hybrid and the reviews seem to be pretty positive. I read the mileage is great and its unique in that the AWD is mechanical and not electric like other hybrid SUVs. The main complaint seems to be a noisy cabin.
post #4 of 9 Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumEscape View Post
I don't think it would happen since they have the Cmax
Isn't the CMAX a smaller car? I really don't like how the CMAX looks.
post #5 of 9 Old 04-05-2013, 05:41 PM

TO me the C-Max is a blend between the Focus and the Escape. It is smaller than the Escape but not by too much volume wise.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-05-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnlauzon View Post
Would Ford make a third generation Escape with hybrid technology? Would it sell? How were the previous generation Escape hybrids in terms of practicality and reliability?

Just curious since I remember older models having hybrid tech.
I think it's only a matter of time till Ford comes up with an all new Escape Hybrid, if they don't, it would be a horrible move. The new Ford Escape is the perfect car for a Hybrid drivetrain.

Not sure how reliable Escape hybrids were in the past, but I do know that they are being used as Taxi's, that alone says a lot. So if it can be used as a "fleet" vehicle, it's probably reliable enough.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-05-2013, 07:08 PM

The Cmax replaced the hybrid Escape. If Cmax sales tank maybe Ford would develop a hybrid Escape. But that's pure speculation. I haven't read anything saying a hybrid Escape is coming anytime soon.
post #8 of 9 Old 04-05-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cents View Post
The Cmax replaced the hybrid Escape. If Cmax sales tank maybe Ford would develop a hybrid Escape. But that's pure speculation. I haven't read anything saying a hybrid Escape is coming anytime soon.

that's right, the cmax did take the spot of the Escape hybrid. TBH i haven't seen many cmax hybrids on the road. back when the escape hybrid came out i seen them nearly everywhere.

could be possible that cmax sales are poor, wouldn't be surprised if they try to fix that with a hybrid drivetrain escape.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-05-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeFan View Post
that's right, the cmax did take the spot of the Escape hybrid. TBH i haven't seen many cmax hybrids on the road. back when the escape hybrid came out i seen them nearly everywhere.

could be possible that cmax sales are poor, wouldn't be surprised if they try to fix that with a hybrid drivetrain escape.
I've only seen a few Cmaxes (sp?) on the road too and I live in MI only about 150 miles from Dearborn. That's not suprising though because Ford has only sold about 9700 Cmaxes this year through March. I don't know how that compares to the Escape hybrid though because I never paid attention to past Escape hybrid sales/month.

http://media.ford.com/images/10031/March13sales.pdf

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page