2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

Escape 2015 FWD

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  carid 
#1 ·
Just purchased a brand new 2015 Escape FWD.
Build date Feb 25th 2015.

Having read through the forum tons of information here! So glad I found it.

Had it a week and gas consumption seems bad, so will be posting a couple questions!

:)

#2 ·
Switch it over to a high quality synthetic such as Amsoil or Mobil 1 and you should see an increase of about 1 to 1.5 mpg. I switched my 2012 Ford Fiesta with the automated 6 speed manual and I am averaging 40.3mpg on the highway now with it after a 300 mile long round trip. Before it would do no better than 38 mpg with the Motorcraft synthetic blend. Here is a picture to prove it. This is after 300 miles of round trip driving.

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
Just purchased a brand new 2015 Escape FWD.

Build date Feb 25th 2015.

Having read through the forum tons of information here! So glad I found it.

Had it a week and gas consumption seems bad, so will be posting a couple questions!

:)

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new FE. Your mileage will improve after you gets some miles on it. This is normal for this vehicle. I wouldn't rush out and replace all your oil with full synthetic oil just to try and see if that improves your mileage by a single mpg. IMO, it wouldn't be worth the extra cost of the oil. Not unless you want to that is. At 2 or 3K miles you should start to see an improvement in your mileage.

#4 ·
Yeh, before posting in another part of the forum I was thinking since I only have 400km on the clock I might need to ease the car in with a bit more driving.
I'll hold tight.

Once again glad to have found the forum, tons of info to read and I'm an avid reader!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.