Please read before posting!
Welcome to the 2013/14 Ford Escape forum! Many of you have participated in forums. Some of you haven't. Not all forums are created equal, so here are some hints and guidelines about ours:
1. If you have a question or want to discuss a specific topic, post in a logical forum section - for example, "Problems and Solutions" or "Electronics and Lighting," rather than in your introductory post.
2. When you want members to respond to a post, include the year, trim level, and other pertinent info about your Escape if it's not in your tag line. Having a 2013 SE versus a 2014 Titanium, or 19" or 18" wheels (when asking about tires) may make a difference. (To compose your tag line go to User CP > Edit Signature.)
3. Try a quick search, or spend a few minutes browsing threads. Many questions and topics have been discussed many times. You won't be beaten up for not doing so, but a little research may give you some insight or even answer your question. If pertinent, you may resurrect an old thread.
4. No politics or religion. <---- period. That includes jokes, one-line asides and pointed remarks from the right, the left, in between or upside down. It also includes comments or photos about guns. If you feel the need to make a point, please take it to a political forum, the newspapers, your neighbors or a bar.
5. Keep it clean - not just your Escape, but your words. Forum software automatically substitutes "****" for swear words. If you use acronyms, special characters, spelling or numbers to beat the system? Don't. (And too many ****'s start feeling like the profanity itself.) This is a family-friendly, G-rated board.
6. Debate the topic, don't put down the person: no name calling, flaming, nasty, rude or inappropriate posts. If you think a post is offensive, report it (exclamation point within triangle to the left of every post) or PM (Private Message) a moderator. Adding a snarky comment may be tempting but doesn't contribute to the pleasant atmosphere we enjoy.
7. Send a PM to your moderators for assistance or if something concerns you. We're on the forum a lot, but not 24/7, and you may see something before we do. You can also get assistance by posting here: Site Issues, Help & Feedback
8. People with different skills "escape" to our forum: men, women, kids, those who can modify an engine and others who have never checked tire pressure. We have our late model Escapes in common, and sometimes other interests. We welcome anyone with a 2013/14 Escape or an interest in one.
9. There is a fairly strict time limit on members' ability to edit their posts, so if you have an important reason to make a change but can no longer do so, PM a moderator and we'll handle it for you. And when we make changes to threads or posts, we will do our best to inform affected forum participants, by PM or by leaving thread redirects.
Your moderators enjoy finding and banning "bots." We like answering questions or moving posts to appropriate sections. We do not enjoy deleting inappropriate posts or telling members to stop doing something. We're forum members too. So thank you for making it easy on us, and for keeping our forum the friendly place it's known to be.
This forum is not owned by Ford, though Ford representatives now visit our Forum to provide assistance. Here's the fine and legal print:
VerticalScope - Driven by Enthusiasts
: pilotattitude and bjeans