LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 12-22-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfunke View Post
Here in SC, it's not illegal provided it doesn't obscure the solitary rear plate we use. My wife has been rear-ended three times while stopped at a light or sign. Last time was a teenager texting while driving grandma's Cadillac. The trailer hitch receiver punched a nice hole into the Caddy's elastomeric bumper. Our car not a scratch except on the trailer ball. You could always by this:

Bump Step Hitch Step - Trailer Hitch Mounted Bumper Protector | WeatherTech.com
^ This. Happened to me numerous times. Works great! Other driver's bumper was totally fubar, my ball mount had barely a smudge.

I keep the unused hitch "loaded" at all times to protect my vehicle in traffic and also for street parking. Learn how to drive or stay away from my property.

That's how I feel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 12-23-2016, 11:52 AM

I have never heard of leaving a hitch attached being illegal in any state in the U.S. I have been saved as well from a stupid teenager texting and rear-ending me in the past. Most of the guys I know leave their hitches attached on their work trucks, and some work for the state highway department.

2017 Escape SE 2.0 Ingot Silver
Ford Spoiler Winglets, Bug Shield, Mud Flaps
post #13 of 13 Old 12-23-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy Ford View Post
I have never heard of leaving a hitch attached being illegal in any state in the U.S. I have been saved as well from a stupid teenager texting and rear-ending me in the past. Most of the guys I know leave their hitches attached on their work trucks, and some work for the state highway department.
Same here. Never heard of any law against keeping a tongue and ball mount in the hitch when not towing!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page