8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 01-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Member
 
Fraggleskat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 47
Garage
Plus as you would know from the Cinema Classic "Robot Jox" A bright flash could be all you need to turn the tide of a battle.
Fraggleskat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 16 Old 01-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
centex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central TX
Posts: 2,567
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenorm View Post
I am a strong advocate of dash cameras.....
Absolutely agree with the value of dashcams as an "insurance" device (help after the unfortunate happens), especially in conjunction with simple mods like your lights and attentive defensive driving to help prevent the unfortunate occurrence.

'Granny drivers' in the fast lane are certainly an irritant and your attention-getting flash-to-pass lights are IMHO a much better tool for 'attempted resolution' than climbing on their bumper at speed.

Kudos

'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
centex is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 01-09-2017, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
roadshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by centex View Post
Absolutely agree with the value of dashcams as an "insurance" device (help after the unfortunate happens), especially in conjunction with simple mods like your lights and attentive defensive driving to help prevent the unfortunate occurrence.

'Granny drivers' in the fast lane are certainly an irritant and your attention-getting flash-to-pass lights are IMHO a much better tool for 'attempted resolution' than climbing on their bumper at speed.

Kudos
I will at some point probably. I saw some of the instructions posted in another thread about permanently wiring them to a fuse so it comes on with ignition but I'm still unclear how well that wiring is hidden. I don't want to have to pull anything apart to do it or have to use sticky stuff that'll leave residue if I decide to remove it later for something else.

Just for kicks I'd probably want that "smile you're on camera" rear window decal I put a picture of earlier in this thread along with the cam but I don't know how well those would hold up to the rear window defrost or the rear wiper fluid.

I get the idea behind the bright lights in front but to be honest my past experience with people in the wrong lane when flashing them has been that more and more people seem to respond by ignoring, flipping the middle finger, slowing down even more just to be stubborn, etc. Unless you're in a truck filling their entire rear view mirror with your grille. Fear of getting squashed seems to be the only motivator for those jerks.

2017 SE 2.0L AWD
Sport Package
201A Package
Cold Weather Package
Class II towing
Sync 3 Connect + AA/Carplay/Ford Pass
roadshow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 16 Old 01-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Member
 
Fraggleskat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 47
Garage
Just mount it off to the bottom corner there is no defrosting element down there. I have 2 vinyls on my back windshield no issues with vision or peeling thus far.

2015 Ford Escape SE 2.0T AWD Dracula Black

K&N Typhoon Intake, Ecoboost Soccer ball vinyl, US RT 129 Dragons Tail Vinyl


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fraggleskat is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 01-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Senior Member
 
centex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central TX
Posts: 2,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadshow View Post
...I get the idea behind the bright lights in front but to be honest my past experience with people in the wrong lane when flashing them has been that more and more people seem to respond by ignoring, flipping the middle finger, slowing down even more just to be stubborn, etc. Unless you're in a truck filling their entire rear view mirror with your grille. Fear of getting squashed seems to be the only motivator for those jerks.
Some may call me a lightweight, no worries .... faced with those jerks I just practice patience .... no telling what other stupidity they're capable of. In the big scheme of things being "that guy" or becoming a statistic just isn't worth a few minutes for me. Defensive driving has served me too well for too long to break the habits, and willingness to chill and enjoy the drive is a part of that.

As for the jerks .... IMHO karma works ....


'14 Escape SE 2.0 FWD (25 Sep 13 build); 201A SE Convenience Package; Power Liftgate; Leather Comfort Package; Oxford White on Med Light Stone Leather (SYNC 2 w/8" MFT screen)
I love my hard-working '05 F-150 XLT 5.4 V8 trailer-towing truck, too !

Help us help you - what is your year, engine, drivetrain, trim and SYNC version?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
centex is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 01-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Thenorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,119
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadshow View Post
I will at some point probably. I saw some of the instructions posted in another thread about permanently wiring them to a fuse so it comes on with ignition but I'm still unclear how well that wiring is hidden. I don't want to have to pull anything apart to do it or have to use sticky stuff that'll leave residue if I decide to remove it later for something else.
wire are almost completely hidden except for the 3 inches coming down from the headliner to the camera. you are able to snake the wires behind trim by merely prying the edge up a little.
if you use a suction cup mount, there is no residue. however, glass is one of the easiest surfaces to clean, as you can use a steel blade on stubborn goo with no risk of scratching. also there are a plethora of chemical cleaners that cant damage glass.
roadshow likes this.

2014 Escape SE FWD 2.0 Sterling Grey
2004 Ford Focus ZX3 Liquid Grey Metallic

2014 Mustang GT w/Track Pack Oxford White
2002 Ford Focus SVT Infrared - Sold
1991 Escort GT "The Upscort", mostly White - scrapped

Thenorm's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thenorm is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Drivers seat bent / leaning Cart 500 Exterior and Interior 1 01-01-2017 08:04 AM
Loose Drivers side Visor skygremlin Exterior and Interior 10 09-19-2016 06:27 PM
Strange switch in drivers footwell? flypenfly Exterior and Interior 10 09-13-2016 03:47 PM
Drivers seat does not go back all the way. mitrals Exterior and Interior 3 08-25-2016 06:11 AM
When it comes to gas prices, drivers just canít win MoneyPit1946 Off Topic Discussion 5 02-26-2016 10:26 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On